Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any former Garrett 1250 owners here? Looking for a comparison between the MXT.

If I was to buy a Garrett right now it would be the 1250 as I feel myself it is the best one they have. The MXT is much better for me as it is more stable, IDs much better, feels it has more depth and can do more with it also. The 1250 has one thing that ia better and that is the notch system they have as you can notch out anything you want, but with the target ID of the MXT with the confedence bars and ease of operation I prefer the MXT myself.
The me the MXT with the coin and jewely mode the relic mode and the prospecting mode with the auto ground balance will do more than the GTAx1250.
Rick

I had a GTAx1250 and liked it because it's so easy to use.I think it's a deep seeking detector.It can hit a dime 7 to 8 inches deep.
I have a MXT now and it's a little deeper on the dime but much deeper on nickels.The Gtax has only 24 Numbers for Target ID and the MXT has 190 (-95 to +95).Ground tracking on MXT is faster and can be locked.
The garrett is a great detector and you can get used ones for 300

The MXT has better balance and 'feel'.
The trigger toggle on the MXT and the external knobs for quick adjustment are faster and more precise to use than the touchpad and scrolling of the GTAx 1250.
The '1250' Discriminate range is limited to 24 'prompts' or segments, while the MXT's discriminate adjustment is fully variable.
In low to mild ground environment I found the Garrett to have reasonable depth, but in more mineralized ground it paled in comparison to the MXT.
The MXT is much more tolerant of various sweep speeds compared with the '1250,' too.
To me, the MXT is definitely superior!
<EM><STRONG>Monte