Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any help???

Lizardchaser

Found the brass buckle and the 2 iron thingies in a camp. This camp is from around the 1860-1870 time period give or take a decade maybe.

I think it's a buckle but aint sure. The 2 iron pieces look like sling belt keepers to me????

Tell me what youz think they are:help:

Thanks for lookin' Nick

Thanks Bill

I also thought it was fairly early, But I'm in Colorado, ....I guess any thing is possible. There were 2 fairly large fur trading post 80-100 miles from here.

Could have been brought in that way maybe:shrug:

Thanks Nick

brass piece may be the rim to a coin purse. Interesting regardless.

Thanks for the reply David.

Put my reading glasses on and see the glass bead that I had not seen before. Looks like all thoses dimples had beads crimped in them.

On the other side it looks like something hinged or snapped into the grooves?

HH Nick

Perhaps a picture frame.

I think it is a woman's barrette for long hair. The clip is missing; it would snap across the piece from the center of on side to the center of the opposite side.

Hi Frito;

Welcome to the forum.

I think you may have hit that old cut nail right on the head:) a few days ago I was thinking along that line also.
The people in this camp sure did like shiney stuff.

Thanks. What area you at?

HH:detecting:

Hi, Lizardchaser,
I'm from Maine and have been lurking for a few years now. I did join the Friends and Finds forum back before it's name changed but I don't remember what my login and name was at that time. I've been detecting off and on since buying my first detector, a Compass Yukon 49B (I think that was the model) in the early 1970s. My wife and I each have Whites IDX Pro detectors which we don't get to use very often. I check this site and the F&F forum every day before work; it lets me detect vicariously through all of you!