Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any here have an Xterra?

Dan(NM)

I need to know what the OD of the lower shaft is. The Equinox's lower rod is 7/8" OD, I wanna know if they are the same. Thanks.

Dont know . Have heard they are different . But if they are the same i am using my Anderson Carbon Fibre shaft with my new Equinox .
Used Terra's since 2011 and it was a great machine . If the Equinox is anything like the Terra on the dry beach and like an ET on the wet we are in for a real winner.

'Just foostered about with an X-Terra lower shaft!
What you may have to factor in as extra sizing are the 'washers' they use with all their coil / lower shaft arrangements.
It seems about the 7/8" with an old-fashion tape measure?
ML will want to minimise build costs so it wouldn't surprise if they recycled lower rods? But, with the EQX having a larger 11" coil than an X-Terra 9", it might require a 'wider' stem?"

If it does Des then my Anderson shaft will be for sale . Then again i might buy another 705 one day .
Superb machine for dry beaches .

Dan(NM) said:
I need to know what the OD of the lower shaft is. The Equinox's lower rod is 7/8" OD, I wanna know if they are the same. Thanks.

I just measured it. The Xterra lower rod OD is 3/4 (.75")

"There's a good shot of the EQX coil on their Facebook held by one of the design team at an event in New Zealand.
The 'nut & bolt' assembly looks the same as the big ones used on the FBS platform! So it might be non-compatible with the 'Terra' rods???"

Heres hoping that the lower rod of the Terra can fit the Equinox upper shaft . I have an Anderson top stem i want to use on the Equinox. If not i will sell that stem .

The XTERRA lower rod has a slightly smaller diameter than the EQUINOX lower rod. It is a bit sloppy and the locking collar won't lock it down tight. HH Randy

I wonder if i put non metalic washers in whether i could use it that way ? Or will the top Anderson shaft be to loose for the handgrip and box ?