Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any idea how new Explorer coil compares to x12 & FBS 1050?

monindou

Hi guys,

I own both the FBS 1050 and the Sunray x12 - and I like them both so it came to mind that I should reach out and and ask a question that I'm not sure may not be worth asking so soon into the release of the new Explorer coil but....

I'm wondering if those who bought the new Minelab coil also own the FBS 1050 and/or the Sunray x12 coils?

If you own either/both of those coils I'm wondering if you've had time to do a side by side comparison on them yet?

Thanks,
Doug

monindou said:
Hi guys,

I own both the FBS 1050 and the Sunray x12 - and I like them both so it came to mind that I should reach out and and ask a question that I'm not sure may not be worth asking so soon into the release of the new Explorer coil but....

I'm wondering if those who bought the new Minelab coil also own the FBS 1050 and/or the Sunray x12 coils?

If you own either/both of those coils I'm wondering if you've had time to do a side by side comparison on them yet?

Thanks,
Doug

That's a good question Doug...
I'm in the same boat as you !:thumbup:

I've wondered the same thing versus the 1050.

I'm in the queue for a Pro coil but the silence about them after the initial reports seems kind of odd. (For instance, after ironhearted_gog's initial reports on MLO, I haven't seen much at all of consequence--though it might be hiding somewhere.)

And after hitting the woods in the first part of this morning with the Slimline getting caught on every little twig, I sure hope someone comes up with a solid coil cover for it.

Yeah Rich, open coils do snag up on stems and twigs.

Australian gum trees "eucalyptus trees" drop sticks that have many kinks, knots and twists...

When you hook up on one you can't just shake them out... Too many hooks!

No, you frequently have to stop swinging, and thread them out of your coil.:tongue: