Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any idea how old this Classic ID may be

BenG76

Picked this Whites Classic ID a while back in a local pawn shop. I think I got a decent deal in it and I think I will let me wife try it out and keep it as a spare. Kinda curious how old it may be and such. Anyone out there used one of these much and did you like it? Thanks in advance.

I think that machine dates to the 90's. Very good unit and very capable of finding the goods.
A guy in our club one year found a Gold Mexican coin in the park with this same machine.
If you really want to enhance the performance of this unit, Get the Mr. Bill Mod. done.
You will have an eye opening experience as this Mod. brings that all metal mode to life!
Hope this helps...
silverseeker 2

Call Whites Factory 541-367-6121 and tell the lady that answers you have purchased a use Classic ID and were wondering if they could tell you when it was manufactured if you give her the Serial #
She should be able to help you out.

A 100 bucks is a steal on this. And if it work sfor ya who cares age?!
Think your wife will love it. Try to get a new 950ish coil for this detector
and you'll have a treasure-beast.

Good Luck

silverseeker 2 said:
I think that machine dates to the 90's. Very good unit and very capable of finding the goods.
A guy in our club one year found a Gold Mexican coin in the park with this same machine.
If you really want to enhance the performance of this unit, Get the Mr. Bill Mod. done.
You will have an eye opening experience as this Mod. brings that all metal mode to life!
Hope this helps...
silverseeker 2
THe Mr. Bill's mod does make a difference, I done the mod on my Classic II SL and am very happy with it. When I did the mod. I ordered extra parts so if anyone is wanting parts to do the mod. let me know, also I would do the mod. for anyone if they are not comfortable doing it.

anyone have Mr. Bills contact info? I just got a new old stock, and want it shaking roof tops off the place.

SkiWhiz said:
silverseeker 2 said:
Hope this helps...
silverseeker 2
THe Mr. Bill's mod does make a difference, I done the mod on my Classic II SL and am very happy with it. When I did the mod. I ordered extra parts so if anyone is wanting parts to do the mod. let me know, also I would do the mod. for anyone if they are not comfortable doing it.
Hey Ski, do you still have the detector? I'm in shock! :poke:

Sorry to bump my older thread. Are there any good coil options for this out there? May pick up a smaller one if I knew what to look for. Other suggestions are welcomed as well.

The Blue Max 600, the 5.3 Black Max or the 5.3 Bullseye. All the same size, and all of them virtually the same internal windings and performance.

The latter two and some of the Blue Max coils had a shorter cable and the proper bolt hole size. Many of the earlier Blue Max 600's had the long cable for belt-mounting, and the small bolt hole for the earlier rod/coil mounting hardware. On those I had the cable shortened and I just carefully drilled the larger-size bolt hole.

Monte

How do we get the Mr. Bill mod done? I have a brand new old stock myself, $200 I thought was a steal, has full 24 mos warr.
Thnx
Eric

sayvor said:
How do we get the Mr. Bill mod done? I have a brand new old stock myself, $200 I thought was a steal, has full 24 mos warr.
Thnx
Eric

Eric
The mods will VOID your warranty. I would use it for two years until the warranty expires and then have someone do the mods. If you're not REALLY GOOD with soldering stuff you will roach the circuit board,and you probably don't want that. The external ground balance knob is one of the mods and the most practical,the other stuff is really good too but not AS important. If you've been detecting awhile then you could get the stuff done right away but again,your warranty will be done.

I have a fully modified IDX Pro which is one of the models after yours and I gotta tell ya,that puppy can hunt! They're quick,good depth and the most important thing to me....the ID is very very very accurate! So much so that my 950 will reliably ID a quarter at 8-9" all day long. Now,if there's anything above or below it,the ID may be off due to target averaging by the machine but overall,it is VERY accurate. One thing I've found,take it or leave it.....if the target indicator EVER goes to iron,it's junk. If it goes and sits there or just bounces down there,I've NEVER dug anything good when it goes there AT ALL,and you're sweeping a single target. I've used it for 4-5 years STRAIGHT during the hunting months(WI) and I've dug thousands of coins. For trashy places,get the 5.3 Bullseye. I have the Royal 800 and 950 as well,so three coils for it. You cannot POSSIBLY go wrong with your machine IF YOU SPEND THE TIME TO LEARN IT!! I am in the process of learning an Explorer 2 so I know it can be a challenge but the reward can be great.

Best of luck!
Kevin
IDXMonster

Mr. Bill is out of business, Retired. I think he gave someone else the info on doing mods, Can.t remember who.
Get Dirty

IDXMonster said:
sayvor said:
Thnx
Eric

Eric
The mods will VOID your warranty. I would use it for two years until the warranty expires and then have someone do the mods. If you're not REALLY GOOD with soldering stuff you will roach the circuit board,and you probably don't want that. The external ground balance knob is one of the mods and the most practical,the other stuff is really good too but not AS important. If you've been detecting awhile then you could get the stuff done right away but again,your warranty will be done.

I have a fully modified IDX Pro which is one of the models after yours and I gotta tell ya,that puppy can hunt! They're quick,good depth and the most important thing to me....the ID is very very very accurate! So much so that my 950 will reliably ID a quarter at 8-9" all day long. Now,if there's anything above or below it,the ID may be off due to target averaging by the machine but overall,it is VERY accurate. One thing I've found,take it or leave it.....if the target indicator EVER goes to iron,it's junk. If it goes and sits there or just bounces down there,I've NEVER dug anything good when it goes there AT ALL,and you're sweeping a single target. I've used it for 4-5 years STRAIGHT during the hunting months(WI) and I've dug thousands of coins. For trashy places,get the 5.3 Bullseye. I have the Royal 800 and 950 as well,so three coils for it. You cannot POSSIBLY go wrong with your machine IF YOU SPEND THE TIME TO LEARN IT!! I am in the process of learning an Explorer 2 so I know it can be a challenge but the reward can be great.

Best of luck!
Kevin
IDXMonster

Thanks Kevin, I actually am a great solderer, torch as well as electric solering type. Now a jeweler, previously tech at an aerospace co. I guess I just would need more info, yeah I hear you about the warranty, it makes sense. I have a dfx, mxt, m6 and a vx3, all out of warranty. Any of those able to be modified? If so, where would I look into that.
HH
Eric