Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any idea on era or year of this jug

Texas Ted

Was looking for new places to detect and came across a area with some old bottles and pottery. so i am figuring there will be old coins here also. i found one but it is to corroded to tell what it is.will have to wait for it to dry out before i go back. just made a quick trip to check it out. here is a jug i found. i am guessing late 1800's or early 1900's would this be about right.finding lots of glass with blue tinting also.

Glue that jug back together. Check the bottom for a maker's mark. A number on the side in the glaze indicates volume. Peace

Wow, this looks very promising. I can't personally help with dating the jug, but it looks old. Take your time in this area. It could be loaded with some really cool relics. I love the old bottles and those jugs. Here's wishing you the best of luck to you in this area. Keep us posted if you will on your finds here. We will be watching for pic's of some cool glass and hopefully relics.

Hello,
I was and still am an antique dealer and have sold many pottery jugs. Most were earlier than this one. I would date this one from early 1900's to maybe 1930's. Probably used to store vinegar or spirits Hope this helps.
Novice Ron

I agree that gluing the jug parts together is rewarding. Some crockery will have words pressed into the clay before it is fired. Words can be the name of a town, person, etc. Volume number is often painted on as glaze. Printing is often in the shoulder below the neck. Or on the bottom. Let us know more. Peace Roy