Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any ideas on this item?

Bishop2012

Digging where some of the civil war armies passes through I had sort of a strange find. It was about 8" down. I don't think it is really old but it does look less than modern. It rang up as a 12-35 on the Ctx3030. The words say Pat Pending

Pat Pending was a crazy dude that lived in the early part of last century.
He was known as kind of a nut because he thought of himself as a great inventor but instead of inventing things that were needed he instead specialized in inventing tools...but there was no known use for any of them because they had such strange shapes.
CongratZ on finding such a great long lost piece of machinist history!

Ok, I made that up cause I don't have a clue, but pretty cool anyway.

n/t

I'm with Jim on this one, looks like a farm tool. That one end was made to fit a certain size nut or bolt and the other end was used for leverage. Maybe somebody brought up on a farm will remember exactly what it was used for.

By the looks of it and from the condition its a pretty modern tool that is used on agricultural machines,what specific machine that is the hard part,as a general rule tool kits on early tractors or machines was kept simple with maybe just a few or one spanner that could alter all the main settings on the everyday running parts of the tractor quickly and easy.

On some of our early basic UK tractors one big spanner could alter many setting when say ploughing,basic tools for basic maintenance,rural farmers that run small farms just dont have the money too get folks in,so they do it all themselves.Modern high tractors are another ball game,you need high tech engineers and even higher qualified folks too setup up the gps guiding system these machines use these days.

Was out detecting last week and this brand new tractor had a NASA style computer system that the operator just taps a few keys on the control and then he just sits back and let the tractor do it all,with a small gps aerial on the cab it deep ploughed with amazing accuracy.

We have come along way from when farmer used spanners like yours :)

Is that piece sticking up a wood screw or a small bolt, metal screw?????? looks like some type of guide or hold something in the slot----------What kind of prize are we playing for?????-------------after1------------------