Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any ideas ??

amberjack

found in Australia and maybe any British guys/girls may know but any ideas from anywhere gratefully accepted .

here's my thinking it has a crown and V.R so Victoria Regina makes it from 1837 to 1901 and lever Lock. made of brass probably as it has held up well I think its something to do with the railways/train.

what do you recon?

for me its probably the best relic I have ever found simple but very interesting could even be valuable :lmfao:

oh approx. 30mm x 14mm

top pic with flash bottom without.

cheers

AJ

020_4.jpg

028_2.jpg

I see what you mean it swung over the hole the key went in? probably is from a train station or some Gov. office similar to train station..

well done !!

AJ

pretty sure its train related as the more I look at it , its old as 1st trains 1855 -1860 someone could have grabbed it for a souvenir of their train ride and lost it at the park could well be valuable in a historic sense, I know when I 1st seen it I got excited.

if it could only talk what a story some of this stuff could tell...

interesting for someone who looked out the window in history class I am making up for it now :lmfao: must be getting old, its a worry.

could be off an old PO box as well ??

any more info welcome !!

AJ

I did the same thing in school. Didn't care much about history. Now though, a whole different story.

Some odd things about your dust cover, it's rare to see those brass covers with a hole .most have a pin that is part of the cover and it breakes off ,leaving no hole.
Also the hole or pin on a swinging dust cover should be at the top, never seen one marked upside down.
I wonder if it could be the bottom half of the back part of a sliding dust cover.
Does the top edge appear to be broken or not at 90 degrees to the sides?
Also are the side edges beveled?

all the edges are square like 90 degrees , the end where the hole is has that slight curve ....but yeah its crudely made as in it looks old maybe came from some Gov. agency trains/post office ?

kool find I thought :biggrin:

again any info appreciated :biggrin:

AJ