Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Input On This Coil

RELIC_HUNTER

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Super-Coin-6-6-Inch-Coil-For-Fisher-1266X-The-Legend-Metal-Detector-Rare-/00/s/MTE5NVgxNjAw/z/jgIAAMXQqdhR7DPv/$T2eC16Z,!yME9s5qHs8oBR7DPvDwlQ~~60_57.JPG

You may want to post your picture over in the general metal detecting forum, the coil doesn't look like any fisher coil I have ever seen.

Ron in WV

Totally believe you. There was some coils made for the 1200s by other companies like Hothead for one and they will work. Just from what I could see from the side the connector looked right, by if I was interested in that coil I would contact the guy and ask for good end shot picture on the connector before I put a bid in on it. I got skinned on a couple of coils by not checking them out real good before I bought them.

If I can help any way just let me know.

Ron in WV

The "Super 6" coil for the 1266's were after market coils made by Mel Parker back in the 1990's. He only made 100 of them, and kept one for himself so only 99 were sold. I was going to buy one but waited too late. The Super 6 selling so well was likely why Fisher began making a 5 inch coil for the 1200 series. I have seen this coil sell for as much $235.00.

Now for a collector that would be one to jump on, but to use I wouldn't put the big bucks in it.