Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any M-6 Users Out There

John LA

Thinking about getting a M-6. Any good or negative things I need to know? Does the ground tracking work okay?
Has anyone used it on a salt beach? Thanks John

It's a decent detector. Doesn't have a lot of the features that are found on many other units, but does what it does well. I changed mine over to a straight shaft and like it better that way. Unlike the MXT, White's neglected to plug the front of the shaft so water hunting requires caution. When I tore the detector apart I noticed both a threshold pot and a plug that could quite possibly lead to an aftermarket threshold control (like the MXT) add-on. One thing I noticed, when testing with small gold on the MXT and M6, is that the sensitivity to small gold seems about the same (in coin/ring mode vs prospecting) when maxed and at zero disc. It also seems to enter a 'HyperSat' mode too.I'll do a bit more testing to find out. ..Willy.

I've been using my M6 for a few months now and am REALLY liking it. I mostly coin & jewelry hunt in parks and and the M6 just sucks in coins. The stock coil is really good where there isn't much trash but most of the places I hunt are pretty trashy so I bought a 5.3 eclipse coil and it ROCKS! You have to go slower and it doesn't cover allot of ground fast but it picks through the trash very very nicely. I had a tough time choosing between the M6 & MXT but I wanted tones and simplicity in a quality machine and I definitely got it in the M6. So far I am very happy. The Pro's here say the MXT has an edge as far as prospecting and maybe depth (?) I've dug dimes a 8", but from some of the things I've read the M6 isn't a bad prospector and I find relics with mine just fine.

I purchased the M-6 approximately 2 months ago and love it. I also purchased the Whites D-2 coil in hopes that it would increase my depth and ID, but only gained the quicker ID. The stock coil seems to penetrate more and gives me a better pin-point. Thank you nailbender,I might have to try the 5.3 eclipse as I too hunt high trash areas. About three weeks ago, my father-inlaw and I hit an old and forgotten park that has really grown over and pulled some awesome silver from the ground along with some wheaties and while I was at work today he returned to the old park and searched the area I worked and litterally s#!t on my day with his finds. Don't mean to sound selfish, but all I heard was BLAH BLAH BLAH silver quarter, indian head pennies and something about a barber of his LOL :rant:. Needless to say I'm still not sold on the D-2 and maybe I need to work it / learn it more. Overall I'm very happy with the M-6 performance, it is a coin finding machine with firm ID and have done well with relics as well.

I can see getting the Eclipse 5.3. I primarily hunt for coins so I think the M-6 will serve me better than the MXT.
I hope so because I sold the MXT I had. Thanks again. John

M6 is a ring and coin hog. Hunts silently, unlike the MXT with the hummmm. Great turn on and go machine, I have even used it at saltwater beach a few times and it worked well.

Allot of people rave on how good the 4x6 coil is too, I've never tried it, I'm sure either one would serve you well. I would look around for a used one to save some cash and buy either one.

I have been using my M6 for over 2 years. I just love the little critter to death. I started with the 950 coil but most of the areas I hunt, including the beaches at Galveston, have a bunccccccch of trash. I got the 6x10 DD coil and now my 950 is gathering dust in the closet. The 6x10 is the best coil I have ever used. It separates really well and with experience you can pick good targets setting right next to trash. It is a very stable coil and works great at the beach. The 6x10 allows you to run your sens really high and still stay stable. In bad ground it will actually go deeper than the 950 because of the increase senc. you can run. It is super easy to pin point with once you learn the technique. Because of the DD configuration you can actually cover more area per sweep than the 950 concentric will cover because you don't have to overlap you sweeps. The coil is hot from end to end similiar to a wind shield wiper. With the fast recover of the M6 you will need to slow down your sweep speed or you might mistake that good tone for just a bleep. I run my M6 with the desc at about 9:00 and the senc as high as I can get it and still run stable. I ground balance and then lock the tracking. The reason for this is some really deep targets that only give you that wisper signal will be canceled out if you sweep over them a few times with the auto trac on. You could run with auto trac on and then switch it off when working one of these faint signals but I just run mine with auto trac locked most of the time. The beach mode works great on the beach, just ground balance, flip the switch to beach and away you go. The m6 and the MXT have the same engine. The thing I like best over the MXT is the tone ID. You don't have to walk around with your eye on the display all the time, you can really concentrate on listing to what this powerhouse little machine is telling you. Hope this helps.

I'll be getting the 6X10 coil. I appreciate you answer. I used to live in Beaumont. I still get to hunt Galveston about 3 times a year when I visit family.

I've been using the M6 since mid-January of this year and I love it. Thus far I've found over 7,500 coins with it and it's a quarter-killer. I just found my sixth half dollar of the year today, a '92 Kennedy, but one of the halves I found a month or two ago was a '42 Walking Liberty. I've found 17 silver (.925) rings, six silver dimes, and a 14k gold pendant with it as well as a number of both kinds of modern dollar coins.

I started with the stock coil but picked up a 5.3 a month or two later. It has great separation and I love it for use in the trashier areas of parks and playgrounds. Last month I added a 6x10 DD and now I find that I use it almost exclusively. It took some time to get used to the pinpointing but I'm feeling more comfortable with it every time I use it. I see the 4x6 as more than just a mere compromise, it goes reasonably deep and can separate out coins in all but the most trashy areas. I also run a Sunray pinpointer.

I like the M6 because of its simplicity. You turn it on, dial in the sens and disc you want, ground balance it, and off you go. I work full-time so I just want to get out and cover the ground. Maybe later on I'll get a detector that is more sophisticated but at this point I love the M6. It'll beat a park or school to death.

You'll never regret getting your hands on an M6, but good luck no matter what your choice.

The M6 can add, too. This a.m. I got a good, strong 50 cent signal. I was excited as I haven't found a half dollar in years. About 4 inches down was 50 cents, but in the form of 2 quarters!

kraykepler said:
The M6 can add, too. This a.m. I got a good, strong 50 cent signal. I was excited as I haven't found a half dollar in years. About 4 inches down was 50 cents, but in the form of 2 quarters!

I,ve done that exact thing twice. Don't understand it, but I aint complaining.

Believe it or not, I have found old bottles with mine. I have had mine for 4 years now and have just now been using it regularly. It is a great machine.

I have used the m-6 for about two years now and love it . I have used 6x10dd for four months,I had to slow down and listen close for those faint beeps that has payed off .Enjoy the m-6 it is a great machine.