Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any netflix users????

robo

If so there is a British show called the Detectorists.
It isn't a detecting show per se.
It is kinda of a comedy/soap opera about two gents who metal detect and are on a quest to find a Saxon Hoard that the think is in a area they have permission to detect.
It is rather funny and has that British sense of humor.
It definitely is worth a look

Yep watched the whole 1st season. Funny and I really enjoyed the show. Hope there is a 2nd season.

Hello.
Yes, there is a second season...and do not forget the x-mas special 2015. (that will close season two)

Don't have Netflix, but I did recently view both series. Extremely well made, The only negative parts was the language durning some portions of both series. I scratch my head why they choose the bad word route, the series is that good no need for it as children and Christians will be watching the series.

Other than some bad choice of words, was well produced.

Ordered the DVD set of both series from UK eBay, not all DVD players will play these UK DVD but luckily my home computer does.

Paul

Language is somewhat typical for BBC shows. And I fully agree. IMHO it is a most charming, realistic portrayal of detectorists who are not as sophisticated and suave as some of us.

I was only able to get the first series when it first came out and I really enjoyed it . One day maybe they will stock it at Best Buy for us Yanks .

It is a great show...McKenzie Crook, actor,writer and director (and I think producer) of the show is, in real life, a detectorist.

Sounds cool! I'll check for it. Unfortunately my wife has something against British humor. She made it about 5 minutes into Monty Python and the Holy Grail and demanded something else.

PABootymeister said:
Sounds cool! I'll check for it. Unfortunately my wife has something against British humor. She made it about 5 minutes into Monty Python and the Holy Grail and demanded something else.
Season 2 has been out for awhile now on dailymotion.com. Your wife would probably like it too PA ;) The trampoline skit about killed me!!! :rofl:

I remember the trampoline part, especially when the land owner drove up asking if they seen a trampoline come by and if a child was in it?

The land owner in the series is something else, kind of reminds me of a land owner I have permission to detect even camp on his property. Same amount of land (allot) with a similar personally. Funny, yet serious & tough when they need to be.

I'll have to watch it again, hope they continue with future series.

Paul

I hope this does not offend anyone, but I found this SO much more enjoyable than any of the American Dig shows. I know and love some of the guys that make them, but...
Mr. Crook is brilliant and I never doubted there was a 'digger' behind the show. I also never guessed he was the one behind it until I read it later. Should have guessed as he gets the hot love scenes and digs the gold!
Waiting for season 2 access! :twodetecting:

pasttom said:
I hope this does not offend anyone, but I found this SO much more enjoyable than any of the American Dig shows. I know and love some of the guys that make them, but...
Mr. Crook is brilliant and I never doubted there was a 'digger' behind the show. I also never guessed he was the one behind it until I read it later. Should have guessed as he gets the hot love scenes and digs the gold!
Waiting for season 2 access! :twodetecting:

Season 2 is on dailymotion.com ;) For what it's worth, I like it better than the other shows too. lol