Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Newbies Using The F5 As Your First Detector

Lem

Would love to hear your experience in using this unit as your first machine entering into the Hobby. As it seems this unit solves the complexity of
keeping your machine ground balanced. Also, in your experience what do you find most difficult. Ground balancing or pinpointing by sound?

thanks

Hey there Lem..you should go and read all of Mike Hillis' posts on the F5 if you havn't done so already..he really has that F5 mastered. How are you doing with it? Like it?
Mud

Actually I dont have one yet, I like it from all that I have read. Just My wife knows little about metal detecting, and I am trying
to determine what would be good for her. I just thought with the f5 I could set the discrimination,threshold etc for her, all she has to do
is watch the ground phase, and pinpoint by vco. There is another brand, that uses a graphic for pinpoint, but has manual GB.

So I was curious about beginners experience with this detector. Our soil is moderate to high mineralization, so GB is a must. Bought her
a used detector, wont mention names, but when it arrived doesnt work. I live in Panama so I have to wait until I go back to the states
to visit family, to get it fixed. It lacks a screen, but will keep it for myself, or as an extra.

I have read some of Mikes post, not all, and yes I would say he's an expert.

Certainly not a newbie after 20 years of detecting and using many detectors but wish I had this unit when I first started..Many workable facets with a meter a blind man could read and actually user friendy with a little mentoring from you and your wife will love this lightweight beauty, Indeed search Mike Hillis on the forum as its a wealth of info..on the F5......