Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Of You Jerks Want To Build A Cheese Smoker For Under $12.00?:poke:

John-Edmonton

Staff member
CHHEESEPROCESS_zps0d86ff6c.jpg

Smoked cheese is very tasty!:thumbup: It must be smoked with cold smoke, and if you use a regular smoker, the cheese will melt. Building a cold smoker can be done for around $10.00. you need to purchase a soldering iron, about 30-45 watts. you can't used a used one, as the lead and flux are poisonous, and will make your cheese taste yucky. You also need an an empty tin can. I used an empty can of beans. using a can-opener, cut the lid about 3/4 around. Punch a hole in the remaining attached portion of the lid next to the rim. Now get your soldering iron as shown, insert it through the punched hole, then fill the can about 3/4 full of tiny wood chips such as alder, cherry, apple, birch etc. don't use pine or spruce, as it is too tary. Get a cardboard box, attach a tray of some sort near the top to put the cheese on, set up the smoker can, close the box, plug in the soldering gun, and wait one to two hours. The cheese should have a nice coating on it. Wrap it up tightly, put it in the fridge for at least a week to get the smoke flavor deeper into the cheese. Hope the cheese tastes good! You can also smoke sliced apples, hard boiled eggs, and salt.

Below are a couple more links on Findmall Hobby Forum on making jerky. Enjoy being a jerk!:smoke:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?93,1855472,1855472#msg-1855472

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?93,1850900,1850900#msg-1850900

John, you just talked me into this!

I smoke a lot of meat on my grill/smoker and have been wondering how to switch to cold smoking some "side dishes!"

Thanks for the tip.