Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any old time CZ users?

cometguy

I just got a CZ7. The lower rod is white and flat on one side. No pin holes to raise and lower for adjustment. Does it just move in and out of the collar and tighten where you want it to hunt? I wasn't sure if it is as Fisher intended. I have it together and it seems to hold that way. Please give me a little input if things are right with my CZ7.

Thanks, Don

I read that the CZ7s were prone to drain the batteries. Do I need to take the packs out while not in use?

Don,
I've got a CZ-7a (not the CZ-7, but not the later CZ-7a Pro either) and it has the 'normal' white lower shaft with the pin that snaps into the holes in the middle aluminum shaft.
IMHO, the only thing the tightening collar is supposed to to is to keep the 'wobble/play' in the shafts to a minimum while swinging the coil.

I don't recall seeing a lower shaft that was flat on one side, but then again, I don't remember the original CZ7 up close either. :)

Question: Does your middle (gold) aluminum shaft have the holes for the pin to snap in to?

As far as your battery question goes:
Yes. If it's not the 7a...(it shows on the battery covers)...then it will drain your batteries if left in.
That's (almost) the only big difference between the 7 and 7a...the battery drain fix.

mike

Mike,
No holes in the rod. The rod has a plate on one side, inside the collar, that makes it flat on one side. I am guessing it is right but figure a guy could change it out with a later model shaft and lower rod if he ran across one. The 7 also has no speaker in it. I have to use headphones with it.

cometguy said:
I read that the CZ7s were prone to drain the batteries. Do I need to take the packs out while not in use?

YES ..................

cometguy said:
Mike,
No holes in the rod. The rod has a plate on one side, inside the collar, that makes it flat on one side. I am guessing it is right but figure a guy could change it out with a later model shaft and lower rod if he ran across one. The 7 also has no speaker in it. I have to use headphones with it.

Sound like it's supposed to be that way.

If you want to swap it out to the newer setup, I see CZ rods on 'thee Bay' all the time.
But then again, if it works OK, then go out, dig and enjoy. :)

mike

trojdor said:
cometguy said:
Mike,

Sound like it's supposed to be that way.

If you want to swap it out to the newer setup, I see CZ rods on 'thee Bay' all the time.
But then again, if it works OK, then go out, dig and enjoy. :)

mike

I sure miss my CZ7... I liked the infinite (within the length of the lower shaft) adjustment it provided...
All of the other Fisher metal detectors I've used had the holes which dictated the amount of adjustment...

As Mike stated, I'd use it as is... After all, there is nothing wrong with the setup as designed...

Elton said:
cometguy said:

YES ..................

Elton is correct about taking the battery packs out to prevent them from being drained...

Robert

Yea I bought one the year they were released,great machine.
Being as there's no warranty on it now I would mount a switch to open and close the circuit in the battery pack wiring.
That's why I sold mine,pain in the arse to remove or worst yet forget too and kill a set of batteries.
Do a switch that is lighted when in the on position.