Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any one compaired the Vision against the GMT or the TDI for Gold

deathwind1

I don't expect it to be Quite as good as those detectors but I am hoping it is decent on Gold Nuggets---I would like to know if it only has the Prospecting mode on there for SHOW like the DFX did as that detector took a pretty big nugget to show anything---I will need to sell my TDI IF I get the Vision SO I would like to know how good the Vision is for hunting Nuggets in the Desert or in Calif. stream areas

Hi,

The Vision is easily better on gold than the DFX. See http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,928128

The GMT of course hits smaller gold. The Vision gives the MXT a run for the money but the question is how does the ground tracking on the Vision compare to the GMT/MXT? The TDI will handle hot rocks and ground the other units cannot handle. There is no doubt that in an air test the Vision does better than the TDI but nobody hunts nuggets in the air.

I am curious how hot rocks respond in the three frequency mode on the Vision.

Steve Herschbach

This is close to what you ask: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,928128

Jerry

LOL..Steve beat me to it ;-)

If you could keep the TDI and add the VISION
This would make a hard to beat team( as close to the do all as you can get.)
The only two detector you would need for over 98% of the time.
SELL ANY OTHER DETECTOR...THAT IS CLONDIKE'S 1865 3CENTS OF INPUT.

Where I would most likly would be Hunting would be Nevada-Eastern Oregon-Or Calif.--I have been to Arizona to hunt once a few weeks ago and I hope to go to Calif next Month---What I dont know is These areas considered tough grounds to hunt---I did not seem to have much trouble at all hunting Deep Southern Arizona around Greaterville or Northern Nevada in Rye The Patch Area------Kind of early in the Game but I hope someone in those areas has Tried the Vision an can give me a answer

Good question. I am on the cusp of getting a GMT for a nugget hunting trip this summer to New Mexico. Almost pulled the trigger a couple of times but have held off so far. If the Vision proves at least close to the GMT in performance, I will probably spring for the Vision given it's added capabilities in other hunting situations (not that I really need that, though). If it falls somewhere between the MXT and GMT on gold nuggets, I'd be happy enough with that to go for the Vision.

Can't wait to read some field test reports on the Vision for nuggets.