Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any one get a Gold+ yet?

Just wondering if any of these had showed up yet? Im waiting on a feld test before I decide to get an F19 or a Gold+

decision ... the Nokta FORS Gold+. That's because I know how the F19's and FORS CoRe compared in a few different test scenarios, for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, for me, especially in Relic Hunting dense iron contaminated sites. I also have two small gold 'pickers' in a sterile glass vile that I have used for a few decades to evaluate gold nugget hunting potential of any detector I have in-hand, and the FORS CoRe w/'OOR' DD coil, as well as the Makro Racer w/'OOR' and 5½X10 DD coils bettered the responsiveness of the F19's with the 5" DD or stock 5X10 DD coils.

I can only imagine that the FORS Gold + will likely have some enhanced performance at the higher operating frequency, comparable with the F19 group, not to mention the two motion-based Discriminate modes [size=small](Fast and Boost)[/size] to provide additional search options for some tough ground mineral challenges to complement the Threshold-based All Metal mode.

With an MSRP of only $799 and it includes two search coils [size=small](the 5½X10 and 5" DD's)[/size] and some of the most comfortable, well-balanced packaging in the industry, I don't know how an F19 could compete. I didn't like the nose-heavy feel of the F19's with just the stock 5X10 DD.

I have moved close to gold nugget hunting country, but my mobility isn't like it used to be to work the terrain and cover the distances I used to, so I'll have to make do with what I now own and use for Relic Hunting and working some mining camp sites. However, if my budget allows me come next spring or summer, I might get the Gold + if I am able to get into some more favorable nugget potential areas.

Monte

Thanks for the response Monte. I have been reading your post and have great respect for your opinion. I have been drooling over the Core for awhile now. I have a Gold Bug pro and have done ok with it. I was going to get the Core but with the new gold+ coming out I am looking at that being a better fit for me. I live in gold country and coin shooting is not really my thing. The only thing I can say about GBP/F19 is that I can get a 3x7 coil from NEL for it and not for the GOLD+. I really like this size coil for working bedrock. I guess I will have to hope Nokta comes out with the coil I want. I do like the idea of a concentric coil on the GOld+