Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any one have experience with the minelab eureka gold detector

amcjavelin

have been watching vids of this machine and not usually a minelab guy but kinda liked what I saw but actual opinions of users would like some feedback please?

Well, I have used one, and it is an excellent prospecting detector. I do think however that as an older analog design it is both heavier and more expensive than any other VLF alternative. It also suffers from a lack of accessory could. If none of that deters you it is however one of the better VLF choices for extremely mineralized ground due to its being designed to handle Australian ground. The ability to change frequencies with the flip of a switch gives it a leg up on machines running at a dedicated frequency.

hey steve thank you very much yeah I do a lot of dry or very shallow water river bed or creek hunting now in the state of maine our gold is really fine for the most part been reading differences between this machine and the fisher godbug II and the whites GMT now if it were you what machine would you take for this hunting style?

I am a true metal detecting fanatic but frankly if in Maine I would personally use a gold pan rather than a metal detector to find gold. It is referred to as nugget detecting for a reason - metal detectors are ineffective on fine and flake gold. If you are determined however I would recommend the Fisher Gold Bug 2 with 6" coil as the machine best suited for chasing the tiniest of gold. It is possible to find very small gold weighing 1/10th grain (1/4800 Troy ounce) or even smaller with the GB2.