Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any one know about Morgan's raid through kentucky:csflag:

jensman86

I have looked for info on this I know there was a battle about 15 miles from my house but cannot pinpoint the exact location. Any knowledge of Morgan in Kentucky would be great.:csflag::shrug:

Hey Jensman, I know a little. I have been doing research on Union Gen Morgan's retreat from Pound Gap, VA in Sept 1862 where he fought CSA Gen John Hunt Morgan thru Morgan, Elliott and Carter Co's. They followed the Little Sandy River but much of the area is now flooded by Grayson Lake. I live on Grayson Lake so they went within 1 mile of my house and the Union's 10,000 troops camped between Grayson and Sandy Hook but I have yet to find out where. I have been considering making a trip to a library which has the Official Records to try to get more info. I think this is the closest JHM came to you because most of his activity was from Mt Sterling westward. We have to get together! I sent you my contact info so give me a call sometime. HH Bill

Hey kypi i sent you am private message send me your email if you dont care. Morgan stayed in a house not far from me very hard to find info on though not sure what he was doing in this area unless it was when he was heading to ohio:csflag:

Joe Dirt is right. Try the Hart County Historical Society or at least their website. Also Hardin County has some information on Morgan on their website. Trailsrus.com has an excellent Morgan map and timeline. Morgan was everywhere and he had a habit of visiting several areas multiple times. He burned the rail bridge in Bonnieville (Hart County) 3 times. Morgan was sworn in directly across from Hart County High School in Munfordville, hence the Hart County Raiders mascot. Hart County is better known for the The Battle for the Bridge and is an excellent visit for local civil war buffs.