Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any other Garrett 24k users here using it for Gold?

@Smigo Yep my Xterra 705 aint going anywhere, the 705 is my favorite of all the VLF's I have used, when coin and relic hunting, but that 24K has the ability to see some very small pickers, and just a real treat to swing

if you have not done so give an Axiom a try also, the Axiom is probably the most comfortable detector I have ever swung, the largest coil which is a 16x14 mono or DD does throw the balance off but that can be cured by using a harness with a bungee system, plus I added a Hip Stick that I built myself, it makes a huge difference, I have actually started using a harness and a bungee system with every detector I own and use along with the hip stick, As I said I have all four coils that will work on the 24K and that 14x8 coil throws the balance off on the 24K also so I use my harness and bungee system with it also

do not know if you realize it or not but there is the standard 10x6 and a 6 inch round coil the 10x6 comes stock on the 24K but there is also a 14x8 which whites produce and also a little 4x6 which came with the Whites GMX Sport The GMX Sport was the water proof version of the Whites 24K, one of the reasons i got rid of my GM1000 was because of the limited amount of coils that were available for the GM1000

having the four different coils available for the 24K makes it a very versatile VLF Nugget detector and one of the things I love about it the 14x8 and the 4x6 are extremely hard to find for sale although with enough searching they can be found and purchased.

@Smigo Yep my Xterra 705 aint going anywhere, the 705 is my favorite of all the VLF's I have used, when coin and relic hunting, but that 24K has the ability to see some very small pickers, and just a real treat to swing

if you have not done so give an Axiom a try also, the Axiom is probably the most comfortable detector I have ever swung, the largest coil which is a 16x14 mono or DD does throw the balance off but that can be cured by using a harness with a bungee system, plus I added a Hip Stick that I built myself, it makes a huge difference, I have actually started using a harness and a bungee system with every detector I own and use along with the hip stick, As I said I have all four coils that will work on the 24K and that 14x8 coil throws the balance off on the 24K also so I use my harness and bungee system with it also

do not know if you realize it or not but there is the standard 10x6 and a 6 inch round coil the 10x6 comes stock on the 24K but there is also a 14x8 which whites produce and also a little 4x6 which came with the Whites GMX Sport The GMX Sport was the water proof version of the Whites 24K, one of the reasons i got rid of my GM1000 was because of the limited amount of coils that were available for the GM1000

having the four different coils available for the 24K makes it a very versatile VLF Nugget detector and one of the things I love about it the 14x8 and the 4x6 are extremely hard to find for sale although with enough searching they can be found and purchased.
Hi. I am yet to see an Axiom where I am. Im in a small town in the Victorian goldfields. We got a post office and thats it. Id have to travel hrs to a shop to see one. I stay away from the cities these days.
A little dd like the 6x4 would be good. I had to buy the 6" whites from the USA it cost me I think $200 Aussie delivered. Garrett just released the black Garrett one here, $370 Aussie. 🤔
I would love to see an 11" dd round for the 24k.
I'm waiting for the weather to cool down here and the mozzies to die off. And the tourists to go home too after their holidays. 😆

Hi. I am yet to see an Axiom where I am. Im in a small town in the Victorian goldfields. We got a post office and thats it. Id have to travel hrs to a shop to see one. I stay away from the cities these days.
A little dd like the 6x4 would be good. I had to buy the 6" whites from the USA it cost me I think $200 Aussie delivered. Garrett just released the black Garrett one here, $370 Aussie. 🤔
I would love to see an 11" dd round for the 24k.
I'm waiting for the weather to cool down here and the mozzies to die off. And the tourists to go home too after their holidays. 😆
that little 4x6 was the hardest coil for me to find to purchase, if you know anyone that purchased a Whites GMX Sport that little 4x6 was given out as a promotional thing by whites so whites only produced a very limited number of the 4x6 I actually contacted someone on a different site that was selling his GMX Sport with the 4x6 and the 6 inch round and I contacted him and ask if he would be willing to sell the 4x6 separately by itself and the person selling the GMX Sport agreed to sell me just that coil.

you might try contacting someone that you might know that has a GMX Sport and received that little coil and ask them if they would like to sell that coil, it is a very handy coil to have when you have areas that are really tight.

Slow getting back sorry.
I get no real knock sensitivity on the 10 or the 6 inch.
Now and then a tiny bit with the 10 but its nothing annoying, no more than any coil on any other machine if I hit a rock or branch on the ground. The only time it does actually get noisy and hyper sensitive is in ground that is out of the range for the tracking, ground balance. Ground you can never get a ground balance in raising and lowering. Though it handles our highly mineralised ground really well. It cruises in ground others, vlf, struggle in. Even when its so bad I turn the gain down to 1 or 2, it still has depth and surprises me. The 6" is amazing but going forward by just a couple of inches at a time does my head in at times. 😆
I have found a couple of negatives in regards to its construction. I had an arm rest break from just a swing coming to an abrupt end. It wasn't a big hit by any means. They are thin and flimsy really. Also my control box, head unit, can be moved side to side by just the smallest pressure on it. I taped it hard onto the shaft to stop it.
Also, the arm rest moves, just by a slight "tick" now and then during swings. I put tape under the footing of it around its edges to take up any space. It worked and stopped that tiny but annoyingly perceivable movement.
Operational wise its a brilliant vlf on gold.
Thanks, Smigo! That pretty much states the case with mine, too, though I get more knock sensitivity than you do with the 10".
Jim

that little 4x6 was the hardest coil for me to find to purchase, if you know anyone that purchased a Whites GMX Sport that little 4x6 was given out as a promotional thing by whites so whites only produced a very limited number of the 4x6 I actually contacted someone on a different site that was selling his GMX Sport with the 4x6 and the 6 inch round and I contacted him and ask if he would be willing to sell the 4x6 separately by itself and the person selling the GMX Sport agreed to sell me just that coil.

you might try contacting someone that you might know that has a GMX Sport and received that little coil and ask them if they would like to sell that coil, it is a very handy coil to have when you have areas that are really tight.
Hi. I don't know anybody here with a GMX, iv never even seen one other than in pictures.
Its very different here in Australia country Victoria where I am. I have never seen being used by anybody a Whites 24k nor a Garrett 24k. Mostly its PI detectors or ML Gold monsters.
I used to use the PIs too until an old back injury forced me to give them up. I developed early severe arthritis in my lower back, when I asked the Dr how severe it was she said "oooh yeah, its severe!" Thankfully I can still get out with the 24k and Xterra.
I once heard NEL coils was about to make the little 6" dd for the 24k but the war in Ukraine put a halt to it.

Thanks, Smigo! That pretty much states the case with mine, too, though I get more knock sensitivity than you do with the 10".
Jim
Its a bummer when its excessive. I once had a GMT that went off on anything, it drove me mad trying not to tap anything. There was a batch of coils for it that were really badly made, mine had one of those. When I got one of the later coils it was much quieter. You could tell the difference between the older bad GMT coils and the better later ones. The early ones had a darker sticker, almost greenish tinge to them, the new ones that were better had a more yellowish gold sticker.
Has there been any reports of inconsistencies with the 24k coils?
Good luck out there.

Yup...some are bad, others better. I got two bad ones in a row. Still have both. I know the problem area on the coils..just a matter of making a "bridge" of sorts to span it, and take the load of shaft off of it....then it's dead quiet.
Jim

@Jim in Idaho
@oldkoot
New PI from down Under.

@Jim in Idaho
@oldkoot
New PI from down Under.

That one is getting a lot of attention from many of us, I am most likely going to purchase one when they become available in the U.S

@Smigo from my understanding the designer of the E1500 was a former engineer at mine lab
Hi, yes he was and a good one too.
I think I might be going for that too. Light, sensitive and finally a PI that is affordable to many more people.
Im really liking the whole concept of it.👍🏼

Hi, yes he was and a good one too.
I think I might be going for that too. Light, sensitive and finally a PI that is affordable to many more people.
Im really liking the whole concept of it.👍🏼
I like my Axiom but I am liking everything I am reading about this new one, almost wish I would have held off for a bit on purchasing the Axiom

I like the fact that there is a ton of coils that will be able to be used on it
not sure about the power bank part though, supposedly can use a bunch of different power banks on it

The Axiom has one of the longest running batteries of any detector I have ever used you get around 16 hours of detecting on a single charge, and then the spare battery tray which works off of 8 regular AA's or rechargeable AA's another 6 hours

Last edited: