Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any publications with help on sovereign gt

Thegreat26

Hi are there any publications dedicated on how to improve your detecting with the sovereign?

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/books.htm

Scroll down to "Metal Detecting Specific " ........

JIm

well done Jim, kellyco has the clive clynick books which are excellent:thumbup:

Neil
I actually get more of my info from you knowedgeable guys on the forum ..... Clives books are great , and a good reference to refer back to , but to talk to guys like you on the forum who have dealt with all the various Sovereigns over the years is worth it's weight in Gold !!..... Nothing beats having guys that have gone thru similar circumstances as you have , and can guide you thru the maze that sometimes rears it's ugly head ..... Just an example ....I was asking about the original Sovereign that I recently purchased ....Guys were talking about how suseptable they were to hot rocks ....I had mentioned that I didn't notice hot rocks in my area .....Guess what ? .....They were all taken care of by all the machines that I owned previously ....I NOW know what everyone refers to when they talk of "Hot Rocks " .....LOL !!..... Normally , I would have wondered what was going on , but now that I had this info from this forum , I was already ahead of the game when these pesky rocks showed up ......Jim

just get out there and dig dig dig,learn your tones and do lots of google searches for info.Most searches will lead you right back to this forum,there is some guys here that I totally respect for their knowledge of the sov model.Always read what they say and learn from them.

guys i know that this forum it is 1 000 000 times better than any book and so is the experience. The main reason i want a book is to have Something really useful to do in my night shifts;-)

Just my personal opinion, if there are worthwhile reference books, read them, study them and get to know what the possibilities are for your detector. It will save asking a lot of questions that have already been asked over and over and over and over and over and ... well, you get it.

Then go apply what you've learned in the field And then you'll be ready to exchange ideas and experiences with those that have become expert and understand what it being discussed at a much higher level.

Thanx for the replies

IMHO I am wondering how a person becomes an "expert" on so many different machines and types of hunting-dirt, water etc. I have been detecting dirt. water, SCUBA for almost 50 years and I would not consider myself an expert on any of the above, but then again I don't write $$$$ books either

erikk ,
When I read your jist on detecting , and how you describe things, I would probably buy and read a book that YOU wrote, than a book that some other guys that I don't know wrote !!..... There are plenty of guys on this forum that have the knowledge, but don't have the time or the ??? to write a book about it .... You could take all the info on this forum , and write a book that would be as good or better than anything else out there ....Some of these guys are just average everyday Joe's that are just like you or me , except for the fact that they sell books !!.....Of course you have other guys who have some serious crudentials Like Andy S . and Tom D. who are somewhat in a league of their own ...... Jim

Thegreat26 said:
guys i know that this forum it is 1 000 000 times better than any book and so is the experience. The main reason i want a book is to have Something really useful to do in my night shifts;-)

Now I can understand that-been there done that many years 11-7 state police

Thegreat26 said:
Hi are there any publications dedicated on how to improve your detecting with the sovereign?
**********************************The only book i know is a really good book it is called.................. Finding Gold,Silver and coins with the Minelab Sovereign and Excalibur metal detectors.........by ,... Clive James Clynick...

Personally, I like Clive's book on the Sovereign and the Excalibur. After reading it I have recognized a couple of time the behavior of my Sovereign when I experienced it in the field. He does a good job of explaining IMHO. To me it has been money well spent, and there is still a lot to learn from it.

Yes that book is very helpful. It may not all make sense right away but use of the books knowledge grows with your growth with the machine. You can buy it direct from the author. Google "Clives Gold Page". He ships them out at lightening speed and he signs them too.

You could learn just by using the machine, but the book helps on the learning curve.

Best regards,
Steve