Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any reveiws for sst/sgt

nevadamxt

just wondering if any one has tried them read one reveiw on sgt(on here) and want to know how they work in highly mineralized soil

I am curious about it as well.

I know the SGT operates on the GMZ format. The one complaint

I heard about the GMZ was that it has a tendency to track out very small targets.

But the SGT is supposed to use the GMT tracking system, so I don't know if that cured the issue or not.

This is not a review but I have the SST.
It is super simple it has according to advertising the Gain of the Mxt the Id of the M6 and tracking of the GMT.
Reality is they all have the same tracking plus or minus track lock. For the SGT being a gold machine this is a huge put off for me.

If you look at the gain control on a MXT and M6 you will see the M6 does not appear to have as much gain. The SST matches the MXT so it would appear that Jimmy Sierra Did up the Gain a little.
Allot of SST users feel they are a little hotter than the M6.

The machine handles EMI way better than My G2, that says allot and just barely takes a second for separation and sensitivity. The seven tones are very accurate and save allot of time checking VDI.
As far as depth goes the deepest dime I have hit so far was at 7 inches with perfect ID. I could have gotten it much deeper in that soil. The all metal channel takes over after the disc channel with a VCO response and I can tell is very deep but I haven't dug that side on my jewelry hunts.

For me its one of the simplest detectors to operate and has all the same attributes of the M6 set to zero disc. But the debate is there does it actually have the gain of the MXT? Is it hotter?

Its not for everyone but I have allot of fun with mine and its paid for itself in 4 sets of batteries just counting gold jewelry.

HH
Jim

the reason im asking is where we m.d. is so mineralized that my mxt will sound off if it brushes up against sage brush . my DW loves looking for gold where i like finding old emigrant stuff ,she wants a GB2 which im not opposed to but thought that mabey whites made a truley western simple high mineral m.d.never owned a m6 ,really appreciate the input.i heard the the mxt was built on gmz/t platform and i dont run ground tracking at all -really heavy alkile/salt where iam at.

I dont think the SSt will do any better than your MXT does. I know Salt mode is supposed to loose sensitivity but what I do with the SST is track into salt mode then track back to normal mode and lock it in.
It pulls it back the other way to balance and it seems hotter than the salt mode. Doing this on a hard wood floor tracking out the nails in salt then switching back raises the tone of my test nugget above the iron. I think it may be negative balancing the unit in iron and positive in salt or alkali.
When you don't have manual GB you can only do so much but I wouldnt buy a unit without a lock at least.

I reviewed the SGT several weeks back. Still haven't gotten to use it in my black sand minerals yet.
Search my posts on this forum.

Still have it in my possession so that says something. :shrug: :rofl:

HH
Mike

Sez you couldn't sell it! :lmfao:---Whoa, did I say that?? ;)
Mike Hillis said:
I reviewed the SGT several weeks back. Still haven't gotten to use it in my black sand minerals yet.
Search my posts on this forum.

Still have it in my possession so that says something. :shrug: :rofl:

HH
Mike

:lmfao: