Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any reviews on the 5 x 10 DD coil ?

Woodstock

I'm thinking about adding a 5 x 10 DD to my Gamma. Anybody here using one ? I'd like to hear what your opinion on it is. How deep does it go, etc. HH, Woodstock

Since you asked the question, What a great coil!!! Wow found this at 6 1/2 inch with the G2.

Here is a taste of what it will do. And this is on my G2.

Hey Ken, If that coil can do this in Georgia soil then I'm convinced it's a great coil. I'm going to pick one up for my new Gamma and when spring comes to Northern Wisconsin we'll see what it can find. Thanks for the response and have a great new year ! Happy Trails and Best Regards, Woodstock

Go to Bart @ Big Boys Hobbies for your coil he's a great guy, and will treat you right aways and will always talk to you after the sale.

Ken, I just picked one up from Larry at NWI. But you right Bart's a great salesman too. In fact , they all are on every forum. Thanks again for all the pictures...isn't there anyone else that uses one here? And what machine do you have it strapped too? HH, Woodstock

The G2 and Alpha along with the Gamma... The G2 mostly, However I need about $300.00 more to outfit the rest with there own 5 x 10. My son hit coins with the 5 inch coil and the gamma up to 6 1/2 inches. and the Alpha is a beast with the 8 inch coil and dry sand, my daughter loves the 5 inch on her Alpha. She is a great hunter with that detector its a beginner unit, but I have used it and wow. I can just imagine how much better with the 5 x 10 would be with both. I will post pictures on the finds in the G2 and Gold Bug forum. But you I will post for the Gamma and the Alpha here. By the way, the Alpha hit a Walking Liberty at 6 inches in a park close to here and then found a V nickle at 6 inches with the 5 inch coil.

Yes Ken those would be a fair chunk of change to fit them all up with a 5 x 10 . And I've owned a Alpha myself and that machine is a beast with tons of depth for the money ! It beat some of my better machines with power to spare. I'm going to also add a 5" coil someday myself. I can't wait till spring to check the coil out on my Gamma. I'll be looking forward to your posts and your finds and maybe I'll post some of what I found this season when I get cabin fever. Or in the spring I might just review the Gamma. Take Care and Happy Trails, Woodstock ~aka~ Jeff