Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any reviews on the Nokta 4.7x5.2DD

The 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD coil is my primary-use coil on my FORS CoRe. That's the coil that I called an 'OOR' coil because it is just barely 'Out-of-Round' in shape. Coils for the 15 kHz CoRe also work on the 15 kHz Gold, not on the other FORS series models.

The two 19 kHz FORS series models, the Gold + and Relic, have a smaller round 5½" diameter DD coil for the trashier locations and they only work on the 19 kHz models. I have compared the 'OOR' and 5½" coils side-by-side in many hunting situations and their performance is so very close I can't really tell much difference. So it really depends on which particular model you are referring to.

I mainly Relic Hunt in very dense, trash with ample iron junk and I always rely on a smaller-size search coil to get in and around the debris. I also rely on the smaller coils when Coin Hunting in very trashy sites or working close to fences and other metal structures. In low-to-moderate trash I opt for the 5½X10 DD on the CoRe or more often the 5½X10 Concentric on my second Relic, and in more open areas like big grassy parks, beaches, etc., then I use either model with their standard 7X11 DD.

My CoRe is an excellent detector, and with the 'OOR' coil it makes for a deadly combination in trash, and helps with unmasking good targets.

Monte

Monte said:
The 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD coil is my primary-use coil on my FORS CoRe. That's the coil that I called an 'OOR' coil because it is just barely 'Out-of-Round' in shape. Coils for the 15 kHz CoRe also work on the 15 kHz Gold, not on the other FORS series models.

The two 19 kHz FORS series models, the Gold + and Relic, have a smaller round 5½" diameter DD coil for the trashier locations and they only work on the 19 kHz models. I have compared the 'OOR' and 5½" coils side-by-side in many hunting situations and their performance is so very close I can't really tell much difference. So it really depends on which particular model you are referring to.

I mainly Relic Hunt in very dense, trash with ample iron junk and I always rely on a smaller-size search coil to get in and around the debris. I also rely on the smaller coils when Coin Hunting in very trashy sites or working close to fences and other metal structures. In low-to-moderate trash I opt for the 5½X10 DD on the CoRe or more often the 5½X10 Concentric on my second Relic, and in more open areas like big grassy parks, beaches, etc., then I use either model with their standard 7X11 DD.

My CoRe is an excellent detector, and with the 'OOR' coil it makes for a deadly combination in trash, and helps with unmasking good targets.

Monte

I have the fors gold plus. I'm guessing it works on the ford gold plus as well. So when comparing the 4.7x5.2 to the 5" round you're not seeing any difference between the two when using it on your 15khz?
I would think there would be some difference, maybe it is more noticeable with the gold plus on smaller targets.
Isn't it the same coil that is being used on the Makro gold racer?
I have an OOR on the way and will do a comparison test with my gold plus. My guess is it will hit harder on the Small stuff, but we'll see.

have the model mentioned in the initial post.

Grumpie said:
I have the fors gold plus.
As I stated in my post, the FORS Gold PLUS operates at 19 kHz and shares the same search coils with the 19 kHz FORS Relic.

Grumpie said:
I'm guessing it works on the ford gold plus as well.
Also as I mentioned, the FORS Gold is a 15 kHz detector and shares coils with the 15 kHz FORS CoRe. The 15 kHz models and 19 kHz models do NOT interchange coils.

Grumpie said:
So when comparing the 4.7x5.2 to the 5" round you're not seeing any difference between the two when using it on your 15khz?
There isn't a round 5½" DD coil for the FORS CoRe or FORS Gold. They only make the 'OOR' coil for those 15 kHz units.

I compared the performance of the 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] 'OOR' DD on the FORS CoRe with the round 5½" DD on the FORS Relic.

Also note that the original Makro Racer and Racer 2, both at 14 kHz, share all coils, and I have BOTH the 'OOR' and 5½" DD coils for them. I have compared the 'OOR' and 5½" DD coils on my Racer 2 and saw very little difference between them/ They are essentially the same in performance.

Grumpie said:
I would think there would be some difference, maybe it is more noticeable with the gold plus on smaller targets.
A very sharp ear or a keep eye might note a very subtle difference between them, but I find that either one gets the same job done. It's more of a 'visual' thing as the 5½" DD coil [size=small](a close measurement, but they call it 5")[/size] appears to be just slightly larger or able to cover a little more are or provide more depth, but I don't notice it afield.

Grumpie said:
Isn't it the same coil that is being used on the Makro gold racer?
No. It is the same SIZE as the coil housing is 5½" in diameter, but the Gold Racer operates at 56 kHz and doesn't use the other search coils on the 14 kHz, 15 kHz or 19 kHz models. It's internal windings and tuning are for the 56 kHz operation.

Grumpie said:
I have an OOR on the way and will do a comparison test with my gold plus. My guess is it will hit harder on the Small stuff, but we'll see.
Well, the wrong coil for that model as I initially stated. Whoever you ordered the coil from, if it was a Nokta Dealer, should have asked which model you used and informed you that it was not a proper coil for the Gold +.

Monte

Last week I received the OOR surface coil 4.7×5.2. I was a little concerned at first because of it's fit into the arm ext, it seemed it just wasn't as snug as the other coils but still tightened up nicely. I plugged it into the control box and turned on the machine and Wala it worked. The difference I noticed immediately was how much more stable the detector was with the sensitivity turned up to the point where the other coils made the machine a bit more chattery. It's not a significant difference but noticable

The coil does work great on the CoRe unit.

I have found some good stuff with mine,,,in sites Inhad hunted a lot in previously.

Better tone nuance on good quality metal vs junk metal targets vs the stock coil.

Listen to a twist off cap,,,,if it's not smashed,,,you can tell difference between it and a coin.

You get that nice short tone using that coil with higher pitch-- look out,,,or should I say DIG!!!