Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any suggestions for tomorrow's Civil War hunt?

Okay quick question for everyone. Going back down to Kentucky tomorrow to Civil War relic hunt. Last time I used DI3 and was fairly successful. Should I try DI2 this time? My only concern is not being able to decipher what is shallow or what is deep in DI2 mode as easy or as well. Any suggestions or comments that you my friends and others can input on?

I'm still debating between mask ID five, 10, 17, 23, at Cetera. Especially for those little bitty bits of iron.

And if I remember correctly from my first hunt, I was successfully finding objects on the ground in the DI2 mode with about an 80 sensitivity.

But on the flipside, two weeks ago I found that large grapeshot in DI three mode successfully at around 15–16 inches, with no problem at all, running a sensitivity of around 90. GB in the grassy fields and hills are between 45 and 52, whereas the plowed fields that are now become cow pastures often read my tire on the ground balance numerology.

Thanks my findmall friends.

Bubba
Ps, I plan on using the stock coil for the majority of the time down there, just FYI.

Nobody?ok then, here's THE question,,,will the core in Di2 mode still give a decent ping/signal sound on anything that is not iron? My understanding in the vco, is that the higher pitched BEEP would be higher in tone when it is a goodie not as deep, or shallower?

Will I still "hear the difference in tone vs ferrous signals if it a good deep target?

Thanks you,
Bubba

I would run DI 2 sens 77 id mask 10 tracking off , sens at 77 lets you the deep sound deep and shallow sound shallow

Thanks farmerstan!

greaser said:
So how did it go?

Hey greaser! I posted last night by accident in the Makro forum here at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?102,2175290 oops. Lol. Will clean up the other goodies today and post em.

Farmerstan said:
I would run DI 2 sens 77 id mask 10 tracking off , sens at 77 lets you the deep sound deep and shallow sound shallow

Thanks again farmerstan. I'm going to try today Di2 mute and your 77 sensitivity with ID mask at 10 in these cut fields before they plant. And probably try the biggun coil this burning at least

Cool, those settings will get ya deep. Around what area in Kentucky are you. My Family is from there and my Brother still lives there.