Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any taller people using the simplex

Bigtom123

Love this machine,but at 6’1 and closer to 6’2 with my boots on it feels a little short to me..Not sure I’m extending it far enough,don’t wanna go too far..But this thing is a great performer,only way I could put it into words is it’s like a 2 stroke motor..Lots of power in the right places...I have not experienced Emi,not even in the house..Should bite my tongue but I think this machine shoulda been at least $500,definitely beats anything in that price in my opinion..I noticed nickels at 24 and war nickels at 26,which is different but a good thing..Not much to dislike about the machine,I just hope I can get it setup to feel right while swinging..One reason I always liked the f75 and omegga,,,always felt like the coil was way out in front of me,I like that.

Gatorfan_actual said:
I am 6'1" and it extends just fine for me.
I was just messing with it in the house, I didn't have the upper rod out as far as it would go, it's pretty tight and I didn't pull hard enough to get it out all the way...all good now, thanks for the reply..

On another note, did some ID checks...very good ID spread on the simplex.

Indian head penny. 55 .. Large gold class ring 55
Zinc 67. Wheat 76
Small woman's gold ring. 20

Bigtom123 said:
I was just messing with it in the house, I didn't have the upper rod out as far as it would go, it's pretty tight and I didn't pull hard enough to get it out all the way...all good now, thanks for the reply.
Glad you have that adjusted well now.:thumbup:

Bigtom123 said:
On another note, did some ID checks...very good ID spread on the simplex.

Indian head penny. 55 .. Large gold class ring 55
Zinc 67. Wheat 76
Small woman's gold ring. 20
Yes, the Target ID spread is very good. My Nokta CoRe and Makro Racer [size=small](the original 'Red' version)[/size] have a Ferrous/Non-Ferrous break-point of '40' but I was used to that setting from other detectors I had used. The FORS Relic and Racer 2 came out in early 20016 and the Relic has a Ferrous/Non-Ferrous break-point of '20' but the Racer 2 uses a break-point at '10.' With both models you have a wider spread for Non-Ferrous targets.

But with a 'Normalized' Ferrous-/Non-Ferrous break-point of '15' withy the Impact, Multi-=Kruzer and Anfibio Multi, I felt it was just about ideal to give enough zone for iron-based junk and a really useful spread for Non-Ferrous targets. The Simplex + follows that same concept with a '15' numeric break-point.:clapping:

Just a reminder for readers who might be newer to Coin Hunting and our USA coin composition regarding Target ID's. Most of the Indiana Head Cents will have a lower-conductivity reading that is similar to the modern Zinc Cent. Also, many of the very early Wheat-back Cents, from 1909 to about 1920 will also have a lower numeric read-out similar to Zinc and Indian Head Cents.

Also, if someone gets involved in going after more gold jewelry, be sure to use a LOT of test samples, and do them both as if laying flat-to-the-coil or on-end or canted. They can read very low, just at the verge or Iron, and on up with many bigger men's rings falling in the range of a Nickel, or 5¢ piece, on up through Pull Tabs ... or higher. I have found two 24 K women's rings that locked-on a 1¢/10¢ VDI read-out.

Monte

Yes the simplex is fine for anyone who is 6ft 1 . More than enough shaft length. I got some bad EMI today when a passenger aircraft flew over at thousands of feet , if nothing else it shows the super high sensitivity the simplex will go to.

Im 6 ft 3 inches talls no issue's on length for me Bigtom123.

I'm 6' 2" and it's good for me when fully extended.

They should have made it 2-3 inches longer though.

only way I can explain it is it doesn’t seem like I can get the coil out far enough in front of me like I can with a racer,f75,etc..Not saying anything is wrong with it,but I think I need a few more inches to get it to swing the way I’m usto.

Think this 11' coil is feels heavy. Seems to be 2lbs plus. That could be the angle of the detector though. Not sure of actual weight. Can't wait for the smaller coils being developed.

nuff coils said:
Think this 11' coil is feels heavy. Seems to be 2lbs plus. That could be the angle of the detector though. Not sure of actual weight. Can't wait for the smaller coils being developed.

Agreed. Anybody experimented with making a counterweight for behind the armrest area?

You coil close off the area under the arm cuff opening after you fill it with all the lead you find. I think that spot was made for a battery pack. I was just thinking out loud. Lol, GS
amcoins44 said:
nuff coils said:

Agreed. Anybody experimented with making a counterweight for behind the armrest area?

nuff coils said:

nuff coils said:

1lb. 3 oz. stock 11" coil Simplex

I've been thinning out my entire Detector Outfit all 'last' year to eliminate any makes / models that are heavier or poorly balanced that take a toll on my bad back, shoulder and neck. I used to stand 6' but with my bad back and health I'm kind of hunkered over a bit. Usually I'm in that 5'10" to 6' range with shoes, and the Simplex[sup][size=medium]+[/size][/sup] balances much better than many I trimmed out of the group, and they used smaller size coils, too!

I know that I see a lot of people who still extend the rods too far, reach a search coil way out in front of them and sweep faster than they should for best performance. A coil should be about 12" to 18" in front of the leading toe, depending upon the search coil size, and then worked side-to-side at a slower to 'comfortable' sweep speed. Brisk, fast sweeping can work against you in many ways.

I find the Simplex[sup][size=medium]+[/size][/sup], even with the 11" DD coil, to be very nice. I'm at the point where I have trimmed my detector to be lighter-weight, well balanced, and very comfortable to use w/o fatigue I look forward to the smaller coils for this new model to be released, but I still enjoy this device w/11" DD coil far more than any of their other models with a comparable 11" DD coil. They were really attentive to making them a solid build in a lighter package. We'll get through today's showers and high, gusting winds and it looks like we might have a couple huntable weather days to start 2020. My Simplex[sup][size=medium]+[/size][/sup] is in my vehicle and ready to head out as early as it gets light tomorrow! Not only does it balance well with that size coil, but it's a 'fun' detector to use.

Monte