Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any whites vx3 users how do you compare it vs a v3i

juit

Any succesful happy vx3 orwer that want to share their settings?
How do you vompare it vs a v3i?

Same machine but a lot less tweakability. The v3i is very complicated but probably still as good a machine as you can buy, but it is beyond what most peeps will put the time and effort into learning it. Everybody wants a as close to turn on and go machine as you can get and the v3i is far from it. But if you are capable of learning it and keeping it at peak performance it can beat almost anything out there. The problem lies in keeping it running at peak performance and with changing ground and emi etc it is not for the everyday user. You can change one setting and mess several others up at the same time and at that point it is comparable to an entry level machine. You have to know what you are doing to hunt with this machine. Or i should say to get the best out of it you have to know the machine very well which takes a lot of time.

Trashfinder, being relatively new to the metal detecting hobby I totally agree with everything you say! And, I appreciate very much your post! I first purchased a MXT All Pro, and realized it left some to be desired by the fact I wanted a multifrequency; likewise, I realized there was a learning curve! To be vigilant and learn the Spectra V3i means to also learn metal detecting, e.g., sensitivity, ground filters, mineralization, and most definitely patience! Thanks! For these reasons I will never give up on learning the V3i, to do so would admit I am a quitter!

Juit, I have never used the V3i... I only own the VX3. It seems about as complicated as I want to deal with. I just started focusing on Au instead of being perpetually fixated on Ag. Found a lot of silver with my MXT and a couple with my VX3... but have only put 3-4 months on it. I don't like the idea of analyzing a bunch of plots/graphs while Im dirtfishin'.... Thats just me. From what I understand, the depth/power of the VX3 is the same as V3i:wiggle: