Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any word on the new Whites?

Check the box:

[ ] DFX (I wouldn't mind something a little different.)

[ ] XLT (The XLT is still a solid performer!)

[ ] MXT (How about an MXT II that isn't so noisy and the target volume is tied into the gain!?! I would.)

[ ] XL Pro (Maybe the XL Pro 'M' for a manually ground balanced unit?)

[X] PRIZM (What!! Not another Prizm model! That would make five Prizm's and what could a VI-T have that the others don't unless it is Autotrack

n/t

Sure don't want to start a rumor, just wondering what the 'T' will stand for ??

n/t

anything new and exciting from any of the major players.

Personally, I hate to see the XL Pro be dropped. I also didn't like to see the Classic series go, especially the III SL and IDX Pro because, once modified, they are terrific performers for a wide variety of applications.

I know WHY White's came out with the Prizm's, and I understand the metal detector industry in general well enough to see what they, and others, are up against.

But, for me, I would like to see an MXT that had a smoother threshold audio, and not have the target volume tied in with the modulation and gain in one control.

I felt, initially, that the Prizm II or maybe the IV would be 'OK" for an 'entry-level' p[air of models, and didn't/don't see that much value in the III for the added $$$.

The V has some 'OK' features, but with every Prizm I have worked with afield I felt they really missed the boat on the way they designed the GB circuitry, and the way the Disc. and All Metal/Pinpoint modes were not tied together like they were/are in the Classic series?!? And the Prizm V is priced up there a ways for what it is. Maybe too high, in my opinion. Also, I don't think they thought them out all that well considering where they put the headphone jack, and also the limited discrimination capability.

So, I am hoping that the '6' or 'VI' will be more unique in some way, and that the 'T' might, perhaps, suggest manual GB or autotrac circuitry?

Fihser has a new unit due out soon, and the new Minelab X-Terra 50 is a pleasure to hunt with and shows very good potential. It will be interesting to see if a new White's is also a very unique White's and delivers us all something me might be hoping for. And in time for Christmas sales, too.

Happy Hunting,

Monte

How about a detector that has target ID in all metal mood. How about being able to assign a tone to the targets you want to dig. How about pulse induction that has target ID. How about a way to have a tone for gold targets and a way to discriminate the trash and hit more gold.

n/t

n/t