Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any Word on Version 3?

rarysgaard

2012 has come and gone and 2013 is here, any word on when the new version 3 will be out? I'm trying to remain patient as it is doubtful I'll be hunting here in Minnesota any time soon. Just excited to find out what changes they have made. Happy New Year everyone!

Be patient Deus Crew. We have the most versatile machine made. But I must admit I'm curious also.

Been talking about it it seems like forever. I hope it is a week it seems like it has been forever since we heard it would be coming out.

Jason

[size=large]"We will serve no wine before its time"[/size]

Well, XP is doing it the right way and Alain is someone that is a stickler for getting it right the first time. Version 3.0 is being finalized but as the testing was going through its paces, some of the results did not meet XP's expectations and back to the drawing board they went.

I would think that anyone waiting for Version 3.0 woudl rather have version 3.0 be rock solid rather than needing to start downloading patch after patch to address issues that should have been identified during the pre-release testing but were not . . . not that we have not seen that before :wacko:

And just to wet everyone's whistle a bit further . . . . . there are already concepts being added to the board for Version 4.0 :clapping:

When the annoucement is made that it is available for download, the product that will be ready will be well worth the wait

Andy Sabisch

no news ,its in the future sometime and theyre working on it .not a morsel of news has reached our ears from the main source ,so chill out ..............

Terry(Mi) said:
Thanks Andy, I'm still enjoying 2.0, I'm sure 3.0 will be "darn good wine"

I agree.

XP have many things going on at their workshops ,so theyre busy to bring you the best ,unlike other brands that sit on their laurels.if they can push the envelope they will , so chill

Who says it is a free update
It would make a change from
You don't get anything free these days
I hope you are right
Considering how much these machines cost
Otherwise it will be the same as always
Somebody to make a quick buck
And as usuall we have to pay
Lets hope XP are not as bad as the Tax man
If XP gives free updates they will sell more detectors and it would create a better following

williap said:
Who says it is a free update
It would make a change from
You don't get anything free these days
I hope you are right
Considering how much these machines cost
Otherwise it will be the same as always
Somebody to make a quick buck
And as usuall we have to pay
Lets hope XP are not as bad as the Tax man
If XP gives free updates they will sell more detectors and it would create a better following

XP as a company has consistently done things differently than any other manufacturer has . . . . . the last updates were both free. Can't remember any other company offereing an update that added features as XP has.

Yes, the Deus is expensive but even without the Version 3.0 update, how much do you see that is critically wrong with the Version 2.0 software? When Version 3.0 is posted for poeple to update, there will be an option to reinstall Version 2.0 in case people prefer the options and layout that 2.0 offered. There are a great many super finds being made with the current version around the world.

As others have said, the end product will be worth the wait and the package will not require a dozen patches to correct what was overlooked in the testing phase.

The update is coming . . . . . let's all just take a deep breath

Andy Sabisch

You had to say it 4.0 man I can't wait on 3 and you are talking about 4 I will never get any sleep now. Just waiting on 3.0 will give me a reason to get out and play with the Deus again when it comes out. Have not had mine out in a while.

Jason

On my second Deus. I sold my first one like a durn fool without realizing that there is no there unit that I know of that can do what it does and with of the adjustability. I don';t care much for the number display and how it makes everyhting 98 past a certain depth. But for some reason, the other day, in soil that made it ground Blance (pumping) at 71, it was correctly IDing Civil War bullets down to 10 and 11 inches. I was detecting with someone with an F75SE and he found his share of bullets. But when he had a questionable signal he would ask me to swing over it and I could say with confidence whether it was going to be a bullet or something else. I am also learning that the hi tone on a bullet is a bit unique just like the hi tone on a silver dime or quarter.
Now that has NOT one thing to do with Version Three. I used it as a preamble to this remark: I just do NOT see how they can make it THAT much better without adding some circuitry or microchips (I know NOTHING about electronics, but I have heard those words used in the context before). I mean....can they REALLY make the 9 inch coil deeper with a new version? I certaintly hope so. Can they give it a BOOST mode? I hope so!!! Can they make it separate better??? I hope so. And can they REALLY make the numbering ID sytem work better at deeper depths?? I hope so again. And I am just as excited and impatient as the next Deus owner about wht Version three will offer!!! Also, I hope that Version Three will somehow work together with the new and upcoming (I Hope!) 11 inch coil. That would be the perfect size. And make it Elliptical, if it's possible (you know, with the battery and other electronic stuff being IN the XP Deus coil). Forgive my longwinded rabbit-chasing. Just wanted to talk about my Deus this morning. Statistic: I have kept this XP Deus longer than I have kept any other detector!!! And I am a chronic buyer/seller. But when ya start learning a Unit, you start developing some kind of affection towards it I think. Anyway....it's POURING rain today. I can't go detecting. But I can certainly talk about it thanks to the forums. Happy Searching!!!!!!!