Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any word?

finnfoto

Heard thru Grape Vine, Whites is introduceing a NEW WATER UNIT. by the end of this month?

Just wondering if anyone has any more info?

All I had heard was it was suppose to have performance that surpasses the minelab 3030 and excal with a price range of half the cost . Sooo obviously that sparked my intrest.

Where do I sign? Maybe White's needs field testers on the east coast. Let get one of those in my hands:clap:

Only thing i have heard is hang on within the next 6 months. Bring it on Whites, i need a water machine.
Matt

I'd like to see a new White's flagship to replace the V3i. A V4 perhaps?

No big changes, just work out the known bugs. First of all, improve the finicky ground balance system. The MXT has a great GB system, why can't the V-series? Next, upgrade the processor and streamline the software code to make it more responsive to get rid of the atrocious over-digitized and disconnected-feeling signal delay.

They can even leave it in the existing metal box and rod format. The V3i is a great display of new tech and is a good start, but please White's work out the known bugs and make it PERFORM like we know you can!

Phillip_in_NM said:
On come on White's! Give us a waterproof M6!!!!!!

I used to use an m6 exclusively on my beach over here in England.Great detector both inland and on the beach,easy to use,stable on the wet sand and decent depth.However,because I wanted something waterproof for wading in the surf I bought a beach hunter id.Used in all metal mode this blows the m6 (and many other beach detectors) away on the wet sand so a waterproof m6 would'nt be much of a step forward would it?

Wayfarer said:
I'd like to see a new White's flagship to replace the V3i. A V4 perhaps?

No big changes, just work out the known bugs. First of all, improve the finicky ground balance system. The MXT has a great GB system, why can't the V-series? Next, upgrade the processor and streamline the software code to make it more responsive to get rid of the atrocious over-digitized and disconnected-feeling signal delay.

They can even leave it in the existing metal box and rod format. The V3i is a great display of new tech and is a good start, but please White's work out the known bugs and make it PERFORM like we know you can!

What Wayfarer said. It's too bad that the existing V3i units out there can't be upgraded with fixes for known issues which we've talked about for so long. IMO, that would be a confidence booster for whatever new machine they actually deliver.

Nauti Neil said:
Phillip_in_NM said:

I used to use an m6 exclusively on my beach over here in England.Great detector both inland and on the beach,easy to use,stable on the wet sand and decent depth.However,because I wanted something waterproof for wading in the surf I bought a beach hunter id.Used in all metal mode this blows the m6 (and many other beach detectors) away on the wet sand so a waterproof m6 would'nt be much of a step forward would it?

I think it would still offer an advantage. I've never owned another machine as good as the M6 is for jewelry - especially gold jewelry. I've only beach hunted one week in the last 20 years, but if I had a waterproof M6, I believe I would make more of an effort to go at least once or twice a year. I think I do very well on gold inland. I just imagine it would be multiplied many times over having one on the beach.

Just my opinion. Never tried the BeachHunter ID, but I would guess hunting in all-metal would get pretty tiresome pretty fast, digging up every bottle cap and bobby pin.

Phillip_in_NM said:
Nauti Neil said:
Phillip_in_NM said:

I think it would still offer an advantage. I've never owned another machine as good as the M6 is for jewelry - especially gold jewelry. I've only beach hunted one week in the last 20 years, but if I had a waterproof M6, I believe I would make more of an effort to go at least once or twice a year. I think I do very well on gold inland. I just imagine it would be multiplied many times over having one on the beach.

Just my opinion. Never tried the BeachHunter ID, but I would guess hunting in all-metal would get pretty tiresome pretty fast, digging up every bottle cap and bobby pin.

Well I agree a new water machine is in order. I'd rather see a waterproof TDI, but I guess that'll never happen. What coil do you use on the m6?

Phillip_in_NM said:
Nauti Neil said:
Phillip_in_NM said:

Just my opinion. Never tried the BeachHunter ID, but I would guess hunting in all-metal would get pretty tiresome pretty fast, digging up every bottle cap and bobby pin.[/quote

Even in all metal the BH gives you discrim in the form of three different coloured lights,red for iron,yellow for alloys and jewellry and blue/green for coins etc.Although these are far from accurate,it does stop you digging up a lot of iron junk although some still gets through.
I do see your point though about the m6,it's probably the best single frequency machine on the market for searching the wet sand due to it's brilliant ground balancing over salt.I found loads of jewellry with mine and only swapped it because the BH gave me a depth advantage.So you are right,a waterproof M6 would make for probably the best all round detector on the market today and given a bit more depth capability I would swap back for one in an instant.

Nauti Neil said:
Even in all metal the BH gives you discrim in the form of three different coloured lights,red for iron,yellow for alloys and jewellry and blue/green for coins etc.Although these are far from accurate,it does stop you digging up a lot of iron junk although some still gets through.
I do see your point though about the m6,it's probably the best single frequency machine on the market for searching the wet sand due to it's brilliant ground balancing over salt.I found loads of jewellry with mine and only swapped it because the BH gave me a depth advantage.So you are right,a waterproof M6 would make for probably the best all round detector on the market today and given a bit more depth capability I would swap back for one in an instant.

Every time I find another gold item, I am just astounded at how rock solid the VDI number is. If they could package that accuracy in a waterproof machine, you'd see every other water machine abandoned in favor of that machine. Even hunting inland, when I go hunting with the M6, I EXPECT to find gold. Rarely am I disappointed.

I was reading over on the Aussie forums and came across a recent rumor of a new Whites Hybrid nugget detector about to surface. Supposed to be better than the sdc2300 and about as good as a gpx5000. Not sure if its true but maybe.

May I suggest there is no date; rather it's all heresay! Most of us are wishing but, in reality, who really knows if and when a new detector wil be released?

I'm quite excited by the prospect,i own a bhid and absolutely love the machine so a new water hunting machine by whites has captured my interest.Just hope it is'nt a ridiculous price.

The folks at White's I have talked with are very tight lipped but keep telling me to hold off on purchasing a water machine. The indicatuion is something is coming soon, but thats all they are saying.
Matt

Just contacted whites by email and the reply I got was there is nothing in the pipeline.I'm more than happy with my bhid at the moment so I'll just keep watching and waiting.

Don't hold yer breath....been hearing about this from a source for 2 years....still waiting.