Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any X Terra 505 users?

atomicscott

Hi Everybody!
Trying to decide between an X-Terrra 505 or Fisher F5. I've been researching the F5 quite a bit, but I was hoping to get some input from X-Terra 505 users and see how they like the machine. The 505 seems like the red-headed stepchild of the X-terras, I can't seem to find many of reviews on them. The 705 is a bit above my budget , but the 505 looks nice and the price is right. Any thoughts on the 505 would be great. Thanks so much, Scott

Mark in SE Iowa uses one. Check out threads that he started to get an idea of what he thinks. :lol:

Here are a few.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1825587
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1821892
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,1812223

Thanks Longhair,,,

I do not know anything about the F5 but the X505 sure has been a great MDer for me. If you just give it a lil time and really get to know how it's talking to you,, you'll do great with it. I have been using the X505 for 7 years now and it has paid for itself each year with the silver coins, gold rings and clad that I find each year.

I am using the xterra 505 most of the time. It is a high performance detector and I would not exchange it with a 705 even. It has all the operating functions you need just to be equal with 705 in performance. Once you learn the 505 you would n't want to have any other more expensive detector. It's cool!

I just grabbed the 505 as a complimentary/ backup machine as my other MD is out of comisssion.

I kinda know what you mean about not a lot of info, but in reality there is enough, thats how I ended up here.

Originally I wanted to buy a decent used MD, however there was not one available within 125KM from my location. (Aside from Bounty Hunters) That kinda made the decision for me lol.
I know I can purchase online, and I did that last time, but I just wanted to get out and I had cash in hand.

Anyhow, I have about 6-8 or so hours on it and I am satisfied with my purchase. This is my first TID machine as well. I made the transition easily from analog style Fisher and Tesoro type MDs.

I have partially read through "Diggers" guide, which seems to be usefull, as others have stated.

My finds are on par with what I would expect on an average day with my Tesoro, so that was a relief.

It does run stable, I like the manual GB, so if all the 705 has over it is auto features, then in my case I prefer the fixed manual adjustments.

So far it's bagged approx 40 pennies, a few nickels and 2 loonies. (4 different sites combined.)
An interesting sidenote is the fact that I only found 4 clad coins, the rest were "solid". I am pretty shure my average outings before would yeild about 1/3rd clad.

I am definatley considering that smaller 6" 3kHz coil, might have to get one of those next weekend.

I purchased a XT 505 when they first came out, I love it. I've found good stuff under trash, silver, It's light to carry, easy to learn. The only negative i found was on the coil ears, there to thin. I've broken them on the stock coil , But Minelabe sent me a brand new one. Problem is fixed by putting a shim in between coil ears and mounting bracket.

I've had my 305 for about 2 months. I wanted a 505 but my budget alloted me enough for the 305 because I wanted a Pro Pointer to go with it.Found a 2 month old 305 on Ebay which I bought for about a1/3 off retail. All that said, I've been really impressed with the 305. In the two months I used it,, I've recovered lots of old farm relics, 5 rings ( no gold yet), and nearly 800 clad coins.that total about 40 bucks worth and 2 siver coins
I picked up a 6" 18 kHZ DD coil a couple a weeks ago and have enjoyed it. I think the 505 should do equally well if not better.

Just bought a 505 about two weeks ago. Fit my price range and it is better than my "sovereign" for which is no longer supported by mine lab. Can't buy battery packs anymore. Dropped out of the search for a number of years. Still working with it with my new machine. Don't have a lot of time, but doing research, trying to find for maps of High Falls, NY. Very hard to find old maps of this area.
The 505 is not the best , but still a good machine. It is more about finding the right place to search. It is like real estate, Location, Location, Location! Hope to hear from you in the future.
Best of luck!

Mike C.