Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody have an idea of the VID code for platinum

and other non-ferrous metals on the F44? I have used mine for approx 40 hours now, and trying to decipher some of the weak audio signals with no VID codes. Generally running sensitivity 16 on dry beach sand - digging coins quite nicely, but no jewelry, except junk.

Depending on size, it could be in a fairly broad spectrum...I will say from foil to tab is a good TID area for beach rings...I know that doesnt help much...

try a few little 2gr gold rings if you have them or some stainless steel washers if you dont...just keep digging everything on the beach, a big multidenom coin spill even sounds like trash...but those little foil and tab signals are the ones that generally turn out to be Gold or Plat..:thumbup:
Mud

Tnx Mud - will give it a try. Seem to be hitting a lot of little squeaks with no ID#, but PP shows something there. Never find it though. Since I am running a fairly high sensitivity (normal is 12 and I am running 16), I've been thinking they are false sigs.

Yeah...lots of little scrap on the beach...I run about 3/4 sens...I'm hunting for fresh drops since I pound the same stretch of beaches all year long, a guy gets to know them pretty well...gets to know all the major drop zones after a while and just works it...a guy can leave a 'tell penny' here and there to sort of get their bearings in the dark..:thumbup:....

After a big blow, I'll hunt for deeper targets along the edge and in the water...you dont want to run too hot and get those falses...you want to hit chains though... I run full tones with 1 disc for knives and lighters...foil on up...I made more money in empty cans today than anything, another pair of shoes...hit an urban park on the way home...
Mud

Oh hey, Oltimer... wanted to add, all PM prices but especially Plat and Palladium have really been crashing, you are better off beach hunting for gold, shoes, empty cans and clad!:sadwalk:
Mud