Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody have experience with Keenes 2 inch dredge?

tvanwho

I never could get homemade dredge floats to work on anything but a 1.5 inch dredge, so I got $600 of parts at a recent gold show to make up a Keene 2 inch floating dredge with the inflatable black pontoons. Is it possible to add a small toolbox to this rig for spare parts, hose clamps, a few tools, etc, without upsettng the balance? I've only seen 1 YouTube video of this dredge in action and it only lasted a few seconds.Does anybody have a video of the unit actually sucking up gravels, etc? And how do I get it down to the river easily? Can the mouth inflated air valves be replaced with ones I can use with an air pump?

-Tom V.

I have run one a few times. It seemed to have plenty of flotation. The problem was the pontoons leaking. On mine it was usually the valves. I dont think you will have a problem with the small tool box.

Hi Tom, If you need a little more float to your dredge, put a wire from one end to the other and take a " swimming pool float " can,t think what they are called the long ones with the hole in the middle, and cut it into and put it on the wires. Make them about a foot short so you can slide them from front to back, that way if you need more front lift you can slid them. I put these on my 2" dredge and they work grate. Hope this helps. Flintstone

Got a photo of your invention? My Keene black rubber pontoons don't have any threaded caps on the air valves, what to do ? And my lungs don't seem to be strong enogh to inflate them, where can I get a pump and valve adapter to help out?
Thanks.

-T

You can get the valve cover at a tire store or Walmart, And you can get a 12v pump at walmart also. That is where i got mine. Flintstone