Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody make their own equipment?

pan4au

I just put together a hand dredge. you can pump the material out of a crevice straight into a bucket or gold pan.

Nice build! I design and build mineral and gold jigs. You can see a video of my auto-pan, or what I call the Sweep Jig, here:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no5R5hs1SgM[/video]
I have videos of some of my other stuff on the same channel.
Jim

Thanks, I hope to use it in Co. in Aug.. I'll check out your YT vid

I watched your video plus one on the dry jig. that would been nice to had years ago when I was in Az. I did find a few nugget then with a SD2200.. best of luck with you cone jig project.

Many thanks! The ability to work either wet or dry with a single machine is big. I think it will do very well once it's well known. It's really fun to just go up to a gravel bank and start running, knowing if there's gold there you're going to recover it. Even though this unit works either way, I like running it dry the best. Just seems like there are more places to work running dry.
Jim

Jim, I just made a gold vac from a 2 stroke leaf blower.. tested it with my driveway gravel.. it seems to work well. I'll be checking some yard sale for a cordless leaf blower to make one w/o the need of gas..

I made a hand dredge it works good. I did modify a shop vac crevice tip to fit and gets down in bedrock crevices further than a round tube.

Piedmontartifacts said:
I made a hand dredge it works good. I did modify a shop vac crevice tip to fit and gets down in bedrock crevices further than a round tube.
I made a second tip and heated the end and made it oval to get into crevices better.. I hope to find some spots to use it in Co or Wy next month..

Enjoyed looking at ya'lls different home-builds above and in my opinion they just add more excitement to the finding of Oro :clapping: This past summer I built me a 3' sluice which consists of a slick plate then vortex mat followed by a section of miners moss with Keene carpet at the end...the moss and the Keene carpet are under expanded metal with no riffles. Need to toss it in the Jeep for a test run.

Also built me a smaller size wooden puffer-type drywasher for sniping around old mine tailings out west in Arizona. A lot of times out there I may have to walk far from the Jeep so I like to travel light and this drywasher weighs under 10 lbs with no need for a battery or gas. If I get lucky and find a decent spot I can always bring in my old mid-size Gold Buddy blower-type drywasher for processing ground quicker. Next I want to build me a VacPac using a 2-cycle gas blower engine. Here close to home our neighborhood Ace Hardware store is going out of business so maybe I can get a good deal on a Stihl gas blower engine and start this project. Best of luck out there and HH!

good work..post any finds you get hand built equipment best of luck