Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody running the 8" Brown Donut Coil on the Golden?

Beale

I am really having a hard time with my pinpointing with the standard coil on the golden. Do you have any tricks on doing it? I have thought about running the Brown Donut coil on it. I had on on my Silver and it was very easy to pinpoint. Thoughts? Beale.

I don't have the 8" round but I do have the 10" round. Even though the 10" is larger than the 9 x 8, it is still much much easier to pinpoint with than the 9 x 8, so the 8" round I would say would be very easy to pinpoint with. As with any round coils vs ellipticals, round coils give better tone, target information and better pinpointing. Yes, a pinpointer helps but I'm often finding targets deeper than my pinpointer can reach, so initial pinpointing with the detector is important.

I don't have a Golden but, had no problems pinpointing with the stock 8x9 coils on any of the umax units I owned.
Try this, when you get a target, pinpoint the best you can then narrow the sweep to a slow slight wiggle over the target. Being a motion detector it should slightly detune
each wiggle. Process is similar to the Minelab Wiggle. Should then be able to pinpoint right on top of the target, dead on or close on all good targets and junk targets. Wire, nails or in combination with a coin might fool you.
Uncanny how the Tesoros will find a coin next to a nail.

If it's not there after digging, probing, could be a coin off to the side on edge or a nail with a coin near it. Or even an end of pc. of wire off in a downward angle. I can usually reach into the hole and feel the wire or nail, usually deeper than expected.

Hi Beale, hope all is well. I am wondering if it might help if you were to move your coil just a bit from the target that you located in disc. mode and switch in to all metal mode to pinpoint. I don't have a Golden but never had a problem pinpointing with any of the

Thanks guys I will just work on it. When I had my Vaquero it was easy, but it has a pinpoint button. I guess I just need to practice more with the stock coil. Beale.

I run a 8 inch brown doughnut coil on my Golden

I know that you have a lot of time on detectors so probably have tried this but I'll mention it anyway.
If the loop is raised enough the target is reduced in size to a small blip and that really aids in accurate target location.