Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody sell their finds on the Internet sites?

mudpuppy

Whats your experience? After a while, a guy winds up with a load of silver, gold, tokens, jewelry...So NOW whats a guy supposed to do? Especially if a guy does not have an Ebay account?

Actually, it would be sort of nice if some well trusted Forum Member with a bit of numismatic/relic knowledge had an Ebay account and the expertise to sell our stuff!!

We email him the pics, he pops the item up, if it sells, he tells us where to ship...He wires/sends us the money, of course minus a fair commission!...especially some old duffer with nothing better to do than fiddle around with a project, and make themselves a few sheckels in the process......It would be sort of fun and funny at the same time..."Hey Fellers, that Dukes of Hazard Hotwheel car HoleHawg found just sold for $10!":rofl:

In fact, this Forum might think about offering a service like this to its Members? "Gold/Silver/Token clearinghouse" Now wouldnt that be cool!:clapping: It would be the only Forum out there that did it, heck, forget the Hotwheel cars, just limit it to coins and jewelry even, I'd pay a danged yearly 'membership dues' fee to unload some of this crap for more than what the locals are willing to pay!.........thoughts?
Mud

Good and novel idea's Mud. It just goes against my grain to sell my silver coin recoveries to a refinery. Once they are melted, they are gone forever. As far as my silver and gold jewelry finds are concerned, I know to the right person some pieces would be worth more then melt value. HH jim tn

I agree whole heartily with Jim tn sentiments myself. Once melted gone forever. I think if the country keeps traveling down the road it's on we with the silver and gold will have real tangible assets with which to barter or buy things like food with.
I'm hanging on to all my good finds for now besides sooner or later the price of silver and will eventually go up and you will get way more for it then. Have patience.

There are people that do that for a commission but I don't have a clue how you'd find them? Try an add along with your idea right here on Findmall, surely someone here buys/sells on the Bay....?????

Like mentioned above...in 23-24 yrs of tecting I have never, or ever will, sell an old coin I dug...!!!! They are EACH worth millions to me because someone lost it yrs ago and I found it.................

I used to do this for my hunting partner. He did not have an ebay account and I am a trusted seller with 100% feedback. I moved quite a few coins for him including a Pine Tree shilling. Always got fair to very good prices. All depends on the coin and the demand.

Charged him 10% plus all applicable ebay fees. Which came to 23% usually....since ebay gets 10% and paypal 3% ( yah ebay owns paypal or did..talk about raping the seller)...and me 10%. Kind of takes a bite out of it especially when you have a $2500.00 coin but had he gone to a local coin shop they would rape him anyway.

For common dirty silver its not worth it but for rare coins,tokens and buttons it is. They don't have to be extremely rare like a shilling even semi key date IH pennies add up.

Anyway your idea is not a bad one and like I said it worked for my buddy...he just did not have the feedback to get people to buy coins on ebay.

Scott

Thats what I'm talking about Scott!

Not general silver coins, for melt, ones with a bit more numismatic value to a collector...who no doubt would appreciate it more than I do...

so a guy could get lets say 10 bucks for a certain semi key barber dime, and then go buy 9 standard scrap value mercs down at the coin shop! Just thinking of a way to expand my little herd, I'm not a numistmatist....I know theres two camps on this...some guys find and keep, others find and sell...no right or wrong, just the way it is..:shrug:

Mud.

I have never or will never sell any of my decent finds,these range from celtic gold staters from 55bc to modern milled gold coins,beautiful artifact as well,the chance that something so beautiful possibly going for bullion would be tragic.Of course if you need some urgent funds to pay say a car repair bill then some folks dont have any other option.All my decent coins and artifacts are out of the house and safely locked away so that folks dont steal them either.

Of course this is just my personal opinion,something that i have rescued from being lost for ever due to say plough damage or being covered bu concrete for ever,i am just the current guardian then they will be passed down the line to the next generation in the family but its also stated in my will that they are never to be sold either.

Just remember ...some of havent got cash to spare....
I barely have enough to go out and hunt and pay for the gas....
So I am in the market for an old toyota corolla or echo....
Something I can use to get out and hun without having to spend more than i am finding.

If a person would do this I would think the person listing it on the Auction site should have the item in their possession for several reason before it is listed. One he would know he has it to ship, he has a chance to look at the item to make sure it is what he is going to list it as some people grade their coins and list item that are not what they really are. This way the person listing the item don't get a bad feed back as it was not in the shape it was listed at and you would know the item gets shipped in a reasonable time. Just a few things to think on and this is what I do for anyone that wants me to sell a item as I must have it and see it in case it is not in the shape I was told it was.
A while back we had some say they would buy a detector and when they got it it was not in the shape it was advertised and or didn't work, some was a trade deal and some were sold. A person come up with the (think it was a past dealer) idea that he would act as a middle man where they were sent to him to see them before the trade deal or sale would be made to make sure they were what was advertise and in the shape they were said to be. It didn't last long as some felt their item was better than the middle man said it was. Like I say if if is going to be my reputation on the line I would want the item in my possession and look it over before I would list it so I don't get some negative feed back. Don't you agree??

Rick

Kansa, since its an auction site...a guy would set the minimum, so a fellow should make a bit more than at LCS..especially if a few collectors needed that key date.....OK, I agree, Rick... the seller would have to have the items and do a great post...lets forget coins for the moment...

Heres a good example...I know they have some value to somebody...cant hardly find a peddlers badge out there for sale...and I found 2 of them...:shrug: on an auction site, if a couple badge collectors got to bidding, who knows?
Mud

Never found a silver coin anyone was interested in. So best I do is 3/4 spot melt $. Now jewelry, silver/ gold I have made a few profitable sales - word of mouth. Today's world don't like dealing with strangers. One thing. Everyone has seen collections left by the deceased only to be plundered and sold by the survivors. So use it or lose it.

Just make a account yourself, its easy. I would never depend on someone else to ship a listing I posted. I would never list a item from a picture. There are companys that will list and sell for people. You have to send the item to them for this service. Ebay does this also.

I have been buying and selling on e bay since 2003.

But it is really easy to do it yourself. Silver coins sell really good on e bay and you will make more than taking them to the pawn shop.

I will sell your CRAP for a commision John. I have had an ebay account for 15 years and occasionally sell stuff on there.

You gotta DEAL there Rat! :beers:

This could be sort of fun! Lets pop these Peddler badges up there and see what happens?...run the flag up the interweb flagpole and see who salutes so to speak...I've got all sorts of crapola tokens too..time to weed out the junk box and make room for some GOLD! :rofl: Hey, a few bucks for some Mikes Hard Lemonade or something!

I'll bring them along and hand them over to you the next time I see you...

I'm hitting the big hootenanny hoedown tomorrow pre-dawn that was held today at 'Edge of Darkness' park....then maybe out to 'Fat Girl' beach for a quick broom..if I survive EoD.....
Mud

I sell on flea bay all the time.100% feedback 12yr. member.I used to sell my Silver coins I would find along with Jewelry my Wife didn't want.(which wasn't much)
I did real well &,did well on Tokens too..Now Flea bay/Paypal take about 13% to 15% just for fees.
Then about the same time my employer doubled the cost of our insurance and cut all Salaried employees pay by 10%
I hit a dry spell for about a week or so (ran out of drinking money) It was during this horrible period in my life I realized this Great Country is in the crapper.
We overspend and give Billions of Dollars to Countries that hate us.Vietnam Vet let him sleep on the streets Shiite Mooslim in Iran heres a few Million.
Save your Silver and Gold,Buy more with your found clad along with can goods,and Ammo.These are Tangible assets my friends.
Sell only crap,do-dads,and what not's on Flea bay oddly enough you'll still make money.Because people hoard and cheap stuff sell's!
Most of the time faster than the good stuff.( I sold 150 Snapple caps for $14.95)
GL & HH everyone!

I sell all the time shipping items is a pain but not for small items like coins.I find I get the best return on line for common silver I believe the market is high because survivalist want to buy silver coins.I have been averaging about 25 to 1 much better than I can get around here at any shop.Wheat cents 3 to 5 cents for common dates to local antique dealer.Antique dealer buys all my toys,and junk,horse shoes 50 cents.He really cleans them up and sells for 10 times or more for what I sold him to but he does the work pays 75 dollars a month for booth at antique mall.I make more money digging bottles than coin hunting he buys almost every bottle I dig.Point is there are plenty of places to sell I have over 80 pounds of lead I have dug this year alone mostly from old gas station sites.

you can take photos Mud now all you need to do is put those famous words and descriptions in to an ebay listing and then post it to the person who buys it, pretty easy really.

2 mins to sign up on ebay same with paypal , start off selling cheap crap build up some good feedback then hit them with the good stuff 13% is cheaper than any auction house.

it really isn't scary !!

AJ