Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody thinking of bailing out?

cometguy

Man, since I got the Deus I have gradually tried it in a lot of different hunting situations. I am beginning to think that it can do it all. Is anybody else thinking of dumping their old reliable "other brands" because they find themselves using the Deus most of the time? I have had some serious thoughts about selling a few machines I didn't think I would ever part with. Just curious what others are thinking.

Don
HH

No machine does it all. But I have never been one to have detectors propped in corners. Either I use them or they are gone. The Deus does many things well. Glad you found a detector that you like.

I remember seeing a guy dumping 5 or 6 detectors in one post earlier in the year, claiming that the Deus and a backup were all he needed. But you are the only one that can answer that question. I haven't gotten a Deus yet, but plan on holding on to some specialized coils (and a detector to drive them).

I never sell any machine I've got! I passed the F2 over to my wife, and have a ATP to use in the rain,or water hunting,and the Deus! I use the Deus the most,because I like the light weight,and wireless head set,but the other evening I took the ATP out for a spin,and it was like taking a walk with a old friend. Found lot's of coins with it!:detecting: I thought I might have forgotten the tones,but after the first hit,it was like I had never put it down. I guess it's like riding a bicycle,you never forget? Plus if I have company over and they want to go detecting,the extra machines make it easy for them to grab one,and come along.

As stated above in this thread, its a question only you can answer.
How many coins does a coin collector need? Cars for a car guy?
Kitchen gadgets and small appliances for someone who loves to cook?
Follow your heart.
Follow your bliss and live happily.
'Need' is an oft misapplied and clinical word. Never let anyone else define it for you, or you may end up with no detectors at all!

I sold a lot of my extra beepers because of the Deus. Still have an at pro for a back-up and my kids to use on occasion. The Deus makes a lot of single freq machines obsolete. I do wish I still had a FBS machine for some select areas but I feel like Im covered pretty well right now.

I only have two right now. The Deus and the CTX3030. They cover every hunting situation I have. I do like to try new ones when they come out though....;o)

I sold my XP Goldmaxx Power after getting the DEUS. Now I have a spare detector too - a DEUS, (After purchasing the large coil I purchased another stem and a second wireless headphone, thats all I needed - would have worked also with Remote Control and wired XP headphones, which have their own volume control.)
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Me neither Darrell.----If I would have kept every detector I had since 1975, I wouldn't have room to get in the house! :)----Couple that with the fact that when I buy one detector---I gotta buy two--because "what papa gits, mamma gits"---that's what I'm told anyhow! ;)
Hobo lobo said:
If I would have kept every detector I've owned, ( since 1962) I wouldn't have room for em

Use to have six or seven all the time. Now CTX my favorite mainly because I water and beach hunt for jewlery mostly Deus ok on beach bit not great in the salt. Deus is my relic and land choice most of the time. Also have a blisstool that I break out when I am hunting a pounded relic spot there is no VLF detector I have used that goes deeper and there is no VLF detector on the market I have not tried. So different tools for different areas there is no perfect do it all detector.

Jason

I have a DEUS a ctx 3030 and an at pro! And I use all three for different spots but ill say this after I hunt a property with my ctx and DEUS I know I didn't miss shhhiiaaatt

As others have already said in this thread, the perfect detector for every application and every user has yet to be invented. I've often said in talks I have given, none of the manufacturers make a bad detector . . if they did they would either drop the model or go out of business!

With that said, each of us needs to define what we want from a detector . . . what we are looking for, where we are hunting, how complex we are willing to accept, is weight a factor and what our budget is. If someone is looking at getting their 10 year old a detector to hunt local parks and school yards, would I recommend that he buy a Deus? In very cases that might make sense but there are plenty of detectors that will get the job done for less $$.

On the other hand, if someone is looking for a detector that can be used all day, packs into a backpack, is lightening fast in high trash especially iron, has top level performance and can be dialed in to meet almost any situation, then the Deus pulls into the forefront.

Unfortunately I have almost every detector I have owned over the years and space is at a premium as a result of my collecting. Many are collector items but there are others that still go out with me depending on what I am hunting . . . I mean when I go diving I do not take my Deus . . .or when I have hunted the concentrated black sand beaches of the Carolinas, a Sovereign is usually the main detector I swing. Others such as the AT Pro, E-Trac, Velox One, Tejon, Tiger Shark, Excalibur and others come with me based on what I am hunting for.

The Deus comes pretty close to an all around detector with top-shelf performance and based on the type of hunting one does, it may in fact be the only unit you want . . . it has become one of three primary detectors for me but each of us needs to define what the ideal detector is for what we are searching for to decide if the table gets cleaned out when a new model arrives.

Andy

I agree with Andy,different detectors for different hunts,plus I like collecting detectors.Have many detectors that the company no longer exists.I still use Compass,Wilson,original Teknetic detectors because I like useing them,who wouldn't want to drive a 63 Vette.Alot of the older detectors I just like looking at,better on my wall than in a trash pile.I like the Deus the best,its an amazing detector,alot of information crambed into a small package.How long has the Deus been out,any other totally wireless detectors out there????

I was not sure I was going to keep the Deus, but I waited for version 3.1. I am now thinking of getting rid of it. No matter what frequency I try or even Andy's program all I find is junk. Lots of bottle caps, plenty of foil and iron is worse than the Fisher machines I used to own. I have had this machine for 3 years now and I also own an E-trac. For the last 3 years I have exclusively used the Deus to give it a fair chance. Not one silver coin, very few wheats but plenty of clad. And when people suggest digging by sound when no TID shows up saying it is most likely a good, deep target, it is always iron, so I stopped digging those.

Now as a test I took the Deus out again to an old school built in 1921. I took a small area and gridded it. No coins, only junk. Being frustrated, I got out my E-trac and went over the same area. It was a small area maybe 30' x 10'. I found 2 wheats and a buffalo nickel. That pretty much convinced me to sell it. I have it cleaned and boxed, but can't seem to put it up for sale because I am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I am going to call the company I bought it from and talk to them.

I really believe I gave it a fair shake. Your thoughts?

Sandnadsea49

You have put in the time but the results you have would be enough to make consider taking up knocking a little white ball around instead of detecting . . . . .

Not sure where you are hunting but not one silver coin in 3 years makes one scratch their head . . . . .

There has to be something you are not doing correctly and I would love to see if I can help you find out what it is and correct it.

You can either contact me directly and I will see what I can do or post your settings and the area (not specific location) that you are hunting so we can get you finding stuff.

With that said, the E-Trac is a great detector and shoudl not be discounted . . . what type of ground are you hunting in?

Again, I would offer my assistance in helping you see if the Deus can work for you

Andy

You know, time is relative.

I had my XP Goldmaxx Power for more than 3 years - and in all the time I found no single silver coin. Blamed the fields in my home area of course. Poor peasants, not having any money to loose in the past.
But already with my first detecting expedition to the same field I found my very first small silver coin (recognized only after cleaning this black dirty thing and seeing something silverish on the edge).
Later got the large coil, and found the largest two silver coins I found until now (same kind - 6 Einen Thaler from Prussia in the 18xx) on the first day in two different corners of that field.
A few days later even my first and still only one golden wedding ring came out of this field, engraved with 1882 and a name.
Since then the finds reduced again (and I still wait for beach gold). But that field produces still small silver (or billon) coins and the one of other more or less pretty 17xx copper.
But there is still one crucial peace of success: You must still swing your coil directly over the wanted target, get a signal from it and assume it to be worth to dig.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

I don't have trash and good finds detectors.
Sometimes you're lucky, but don't connect it to a specific detector.

At the moment I've got eeeuhm 6 detectors, I know crazy!!

But on a rainy day with time om my hands,... I air tested my "good" finds treasure chest on various of my detectors.

Crazy, but apart from size of the finds and other response from the detector,.... they all just about detected every find in the treasure chest.