Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody use the Deteknix Pin-Pointer?

Just wondering if it interferes with your Teknetics detector. I've got a gamma 6000 and would like to try one, but have seen a few vids where guys with other brands of detectors would have interference by using the Deteknix pinpointer. I've used garrett pro-pointer but after three of them going whanky on me thought I would try the Deteknix. Appreciate all comments. Thanks

Have never used a Gamma 6k detector so cannot be 100% certain but as the Deteknix pinpointer is based on the Pulse technology then i would have thought that you would have had more chance of having interferance problems with that probe than normal VLF based probes,but of course i could well be wrong on that assumption.

They do seem like good probes but they can consume batteries quicker than a Garrett one.

They give some frequencies on the fits but avoid most. I know I had to noise cancel Minelab or frequency shift on ATP around it. I believe it's fine with the Greek platform. I will test for you tonight.

Craig

doesnt seem to bother the greeks unless within a foot of control box. all would then.

yeah not had a problem with mine on single freq machines, noise cancel on FBS with pointer on.

they are great for coin shooting that pointer, but not so flash when looking for gold mine doesn't pick up small bits of foil etc.. chews the battery's no bother use rechargeables, plastic is not pro pointer standard.

but it works well on coins doesn't false so that's a good thing :biggrin:

no deeper than the Garrett.

when funds allow I will get a carrot but yep the black ones have problems :poke: so far no bad reports on the carrot , time will tell.

AJ

I just bought one too and use a deeptech vista gold and no problems there it was $20.00 cheaper than the garrett plus has a 2year warranty to boot and everybody says good on coins and sort of thing little stuff can be difficult I have the carrot imitation LOL! but I like it one more thing has a better light than the garrett