Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody use the T2 exclusively in all metal mode?

abcoin

This weekend, I decided to take my T2 Classic out for a spin instead of my usual Deus 2.

I had seen an old Aquachigger video where Chig demonstrates what this machine can do in all metal mode. So, I decided to hunt for a few hours in all metal and see how it went. Frankly, I was surprised by the results.

I hit a Civil War site that I have hunted before with my Deus 2 on several occasions. As I started hunting with the T2, I got some signals that sounded decent but were all over the place when it came to target ID. One of my first targets hit in the 90s on about 60% of swings and in the single digits on the rest. I was sure that it would be rusty iron, but I was wrong: It was actually a very tiny piece of lead. That got me curious, so I started digging anything that sounded good, even if the numbers were erratic.

Doing this led me to five three-ringers that I had somehow previously missed. All of them had very erratic target IDs, but they sounded good. Some were pushing eight inches deep, which is respectable considering I was using the 6x10 Mars sniper coil, not the stock coil. I came away wondering what else I've missed on that site. I checked most of the targets in Disc mode, and most were either very faint signals or didn't register at all. Those signals weren't always good: I did dig a few pieces of iron that way.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience on the T2? Does anyone only hunt in all metal? Any tips to offer if you do?

Last edited:
Since all of the ft products I'd in all metal that is what I hunt with . Not much more depth but better audio response. If not trashy the way to go. I use the gold bug and like it. Even with another brand I switch to gold mode which is as close to all metal you can get. Seems to work for me . I love single tone vco audio it works well. Nothing clipped in the audio. Depending on the subject in the ground it seems to do well. Good hunting for you, Take care Bob

Do a search for:
So An Mcore, Deus 2, And T2 Go For A Walk At The Bullet Site
Yup, I've read that post. Very intriguing. Fortunately the ground isn't too bad where I am, but next time I'm in Central VA I'll have to take the T2 along.

One question I was left with after reading that post: Why is the T2 able to function so well in an environment like that? What about the all metal mode makes it a better performer?

I would say less filtering but I am not an engineer. I also have some Tesoros that hit targets in all metal that are silent in discrimination.

All metal is best for small small gold, thats why I use it. I primarily beach hunt.

I use the T2 Special Edition, newest software version. I treasure hunt over 30 years in Germany.

Now to the T2 and its All Metal Modes:

1. The T2 Special Edition has 3 All Metal Modes and some user of the T2 may say now: "What? I have only one."

That is only true if you have the Classic, because it does not have the Boost or Cache processes.

First All Metall Mode is the Mode if you switch from the Discrim side to the All Metal side.

Second All Metal Mode is if you select bP (Boost Process) on the Discrim side first and than switch over to All Metal. Now you have All Metal with Boost processing.

Third All Metal mode is if you select CL process on the discrim side first and than switch to All Metal. Now you have All Metal with Cache Locating process.

If you think the T2 is deep in "normal" All Metal try the All Metal mode with boost or the even deeper Cache mode.

No other detector, and I have used almost all, can reach the depth for relic hunting of the T2 in All Metal with Boost or Cache processes selected first.

Important: If you have a high Fe3O4 reading on the detector the boost and cache processes will "backfire" like using high beam lights on a foggi day.

The less the Fe3O4 reading is the more these processes will add depth.

Andy

I use the T2 Special Edition, newest software version. I treasure hunt over 30 years in Germany.

Now to the T2 and its All Metal Modes:

1. The T2 Special Edition has 3 All Metal Modes and some user of the T2 may say now: "What? I have only one."

That is only true if you have the Classic, because it does not have the Boost or Cache processes.

First All Metall Mode is the Mode if you switch from the Discrim side to the All Metal side.

Second All Metal Mode is if you select bP (Boost Process) on the Discrim side first and than switch over to All Metal. Now you have All Metal with Boost processing.

Third All Metal mode is if you select CL process on the discrim side first and than switch to All Metal. Now you have All Metal with Cache Locating process.

If you think the T2 is deep in "normal" All Metal try the All Metal mode with boost or the even deeper Cache mode.

No other detector, and I have used almost all, can reach the depth for relic hunting of the T2 in All Metal with Boost or Cache processes selected first.

Important: If you have a high Fe3O4 reading on the detector the boost and cache processes will "backfire" like using high beam lights on a foggi day.

The less the Fe3O4 reading is the more these processes will add depth.

Andy
I didnt know those other functions worked in all metal, Im gonna try that. Thank you sir!

I know the Chigg video you're talking about.

The only real gold ring I've ever dug was with the T2SE in all metal, on my first hunt with the machine. Like you said, it was deep and sounded "pretty good". I wound up using 2+ for the longest time. Been thinking about dusting off a detector after not using one for a bit. Maybe it's time to put some batteries in the T2?

I'm the writer of the post about the T2 and all metal against the M-Core and D2.

Even to this date, the T2 remains the king of depth of all the VLF detectors I've ran in that soil. That's after putting many more hours on the other newer units, with updates, etc. I think it's all in the filtering. You can run the other machines with open screen disc but there is still filtering present. The T2s all metal is more of a real time snap shot of what is in the ground. You can size things up pretty well. Sadly...that site I did all my testing at is now gone. Wiped out by a subdivision.

If I am new to a site and exploring it for the first time...the T2 is my goto machine. If it's a site that has been hunted hard and we can dig anything, the T2 is my goto machine. If it's a site and I know I have limited access and digging everything ISN'T a valid option...the T2 is NOT what I reach for. If any kind of cherry picking is going to be needed...I'll reach for something else. But woods and farm fields...T2 with that Superfly 11" round coil = money.

I'm the writer of the post about the T2 and all metal against the M-Core and D2.

Even to this date, the T2 remains the king of depth of all the VLF detectors I've ran in that soil. That's after putting many more hours on the other newer units, with updates, etc. I think it's all in the filtering. You can run the other machines with open screen disc but there is still filtering present. The T2s all metal is more of a real time snap shot of what is in the ground. You can size things up pretty well. Sadly...that site I did all my testing at is now gone. Wiped out by a subdivision.

If I am new to a site and exploring it for the first time...the T2 is my goto machine. If it's a site that has been hunted hard and we can dig anything, the T2 is my goto machine. If it's a site and I know I have limited access and digging everything ISN'T a valid option...the T2 is NOT what I reach for. If any kind of cherry picking is going to be needed...I'll reach for something else. But woods and farm fields...T2 with that Superfly 11" round coil = money.

Thanks for writing that post. It's one of the resources that really turned me on to the powers of the T2.

I used the T2 in all metal this spring while hunting down in Culpepper. It wasn't easy -- I had to re-ground balance regularly and listen really carefully -- but I did get a few bullets in the infamous clay. There's another CW site with milder soil where the targets aren't too thick, and the T2 has been great there.

Since I wrote my original post here, I've picked up a T2 SE. I've only taken it out once so don't have a feel yet for whether it's substantially deeper than the Classic, but I'm curious to find out.