Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody using ear buds instead of headphones?

Calnevaroy

I tried using ear buds while listening to music on my laptop instead of the uncomfortable headphones I usually use and found that I like them. I'm not an audiophile and could care less about perfect sounding music. Then I thought about giving them a try on my V3i. Controlling volume via V3i's software I found the tones quite bass but after some use became used to the altered tones. I still bring along a pair of Gray Ghosts or Killer Bees but not looking back much now that I'm used to the ear buds. I'd like to hear any pros or cons to ear bud use with the V3i. :whites:

That's all I use now. When I first got my machine, I used the wireless headphones. I still love them and use them occasionally, but living in Arizona, the heat makes it too hot to wear. It's only February and last weekend it was 82!!! My ears were sweating away. So I decided to use something light - hence the buds. Worked out great, but I'm missing the wireless component.

My friends have a Blue Tooth wireless ear bud system for their running GPS unit. I'm wondering what the performance would be like with those?

I will keep using my wireless when the weather is cold or chilly though....

Bluetooth will be too slow to use, this is known. It has too much of a delay.

All,

I use Sunray Pro Golds, Wireless HP that came with my V3 and McCally's Wireless HP only when its not too hot here. They keep the cold and wind off my ears. But when summer comes around, I use a pair of earbuds that I picked up at radio shack with my wide brim hat. I really sweat alot with the others. Speaking about the delay in bluetooth headphones, my McCally's do have a slight delay when you pinpoint, but I can't tell the difference between 1/4 to 1/2 second. Don't let that deter your decision.

Hope this helps,

TC-NM

Here is a quote from Carl@whites

Yes, Bluetooth is not a good technology for this application, packet delays are too high.

- [size=large]Carl[/size]

I bought Ultra light wireless HP and thy are very light and have nice sound 2.4 Ghz fully digital volume control rechargable about $40

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure how far off base I was using ear buds. This reminds me of my 1970 Coinmaster IV T/R and using an old fashion single ear plug we used for transistor radios. Times have changed and I'm getting older. :whites: