Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anybody using the 14" eppic coil on DTVG?

AMC, I have used it on a CW skirmish sight that is moderately mineralized. Compared it with my TDI with the 12" Dual field coil. Checked all signals with both machines before digging. Dug several two and three ringer bullets, several iron shot from cannonballs and mortar shells, and one Union eagle button. I ran the sensitivity at 40 with the Epic coil to run smooth in boost mode , and slow recovery speed. Only ran up to 45 sensitivity on deeper targets that the TDI found that it did not hit on, but it would false some.The Epic coil was very stable and deep and ID was very good down to about 14" on bullets on this sight. Only on the fringe targets over that depth was ID iffy. The TDI was slightly deeper but that is to be expected of a Pulse machine of the caliber of the TDI. There was not a lot of iron nails or trash to test the separation abilities of this coil in the area I was hunting that day. Bent nails could fool it, but that is true on most machines. In my testing in my yard the Epic coil separates well in trashy areas on the Vista Gold, better than I expected, but nothing like the smaller coils do. That is not what this coil is designed for. Amazing depth for a 25 khz machine and the coil is surprisingly light for its size which looks to me to be larger than 14". Deer season just ended here last week, so I plan on getting more time on this coil in the coming weeks. Curious as to weather this coil will work on the RG 1000 V2. Always worry about damaging something when trying out a coil on a machine it was not designed for....Stuart

Hey there S and R thank you for the report good to hear and i'll be waiting to hear more info from you...........keep us updated for sure!

I sometimes use the Epic on my Vista Smart.
Not a coil for everyday use. Goes very deep if conditions allow but is quite heavy.
I use it on reasonable clean pastureland for the deep targets.

[size=large]I have a new one in the box for the Gold.. haven't checked it out yet but will in the future... Thanks Richard[/size]

[size=large]Too, working on some videos but mostly the editing...:rage:[/size]

Vincent you may be right about coil weight. After swinging an Excalibur and other water machines in the water with a large coil, everything on land feels light to me. So I am probably not the one to ask concerning coil weight.
AMC, you have given us so much good information on the Vistas, I am always glad to help.
Richard, looking forward to your videos. Always wondered if I had the patients to do all of the editing needed to make a good video. Tried shooting a couple of detecting videos, but not really satisfied with how much time it takes away from a days hunt. Maybe I worry too much about getting everything done just right.

Took the epic to a park a couple of days ago. We had 12 machines between three people , so s lot of testing with no real working results. A great time learning on machines that each of us had not had hands on experience with. The Epic was not the right coil for such a trashy sight with so much modern debris. It did not get a lot of use here. I will take it out to a pure relic sight later in the week where it will shine in it's intended use. In this test the Explorer, Cz3d, and Racer got most of the detecting time. My fault as the host said there was very little trash on the site. The smaller super six coil would have been the appropriate coil on this site. The Epic coil was overwhelmed by the constant modern trash. Seperation and not depth was the deciding factor. Could kick myself for not taking the extra coils for the gold on someone else's opinion. My fault. Great guys and glad that I got to hunt with them. Just did not have all inclformation that I needed for this hunt. Stand by for future reports...Stuart...Sorry, but all hunts are not with great results as far as finds.

Well its like I've told folks in the past the deeptech machines are not park machines due to the lack of disc level and so fourth but I know we all love to try different things and that's fine but yeah using that monster coil in a modern trashy area like would make thiings very frustrating this is where if your determined to be or hunt in a area like this in my own experience small coil, minimum sens and disc pretty high, work slow and use your calrads to hear the nuance's ..............dig a few trash items to see or get an idea whats in that ground and take a coin or too do some comparisons real quick for the type of signals just remember key to hunting these places with these machines is hunt slow! believe it or not I use to have the best luck with the RG 1000 for situations like this and struck hard on silver

AMC, I started to grab the RG 1000 with the super six coil, but decided that I had too many machines as it was. It really is less hyper (hits on much less tiny objects)than the Vista Gold in these types of situations...Stuart

Got out to one of my favorite Civil War sites today. Got a few bullets and cannonball grapeshot and then a Union token. 1863. The back of the coil has Union Forever in writing and a union shield on it.Found about ten to twelve inches down with the Vista Gold and the Epic coil. Kind of cool I thought. Never saw one before. Can not figure out how to download pictures on this site. Sorry about that. Epic coil did wear my arm out some today but worked very well on the deep targets which are scattered on this site...Stuart