Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody using the wireless headphones for Racer?

DigFella

I love my XP Deus wireless ones. Just got mine for Racer & won't be able to get them out until Sunday.....

Thanks in advance

n/t

I was offered a set at a really good deal so I couldnt pass them up. Overall view...so-so but useable. The sound quality isnt the greatest and turned all the way up I hear some slight hiss in the background. Nothing terrible and I can live with it but would think they could have definately done better. The good part is they have no lag on signals with all the tests I have done so far like a couple others I saw said they had. I will hold final judgement until I use them in the field but as of now they are definately serviceable. not even on the same planet as the wireless for the deus or v3i though...

SavingThePast said:
I was offered a set at a really good deal so I couldnt pass them up. Overall view...so-so but useable. The sound quality isnt the greatest and turned all the way up I hear some slight hiss in the background. Nothing terrible and I can live with it but would think they could have definately done better. The good part is they have no lag on signals with all the tests I have done so far like a couple others I saw said they had. I will hold final judgement until I use them in the field but as of now they are definately serviceable. not even on the same planet as the wireless for the deus or v3i though...

The no lag is good to hear. They said they would work on them after initial field tests indicated that the lag was an issue. I saw a post that someone had ditched the Phillips phones for a better set and they said the sound quality was great. Don't recall the make of the replacement phones :shrug:

I'd like to get these too, but not willing to shell out $200+ for mediocre performance. Too bad they don't just sell the BT dongle and let you select phones of your choosing.

i have only tested them in air test around my house cal so I do t want to say 100% no lag until i get out in the field with it. With the tests I have done so far though I have not experienced any.. I do believe you can buy just the dongle if I remember correctly. I thought I saw it listed sperately on the accessories list for around $99

Cal_Cobra said:
SavingThePast said:

The no lag is good to hear. They said they would work on them after initial field tests indicated that the lag was an issue. I saw a post that someone had ditched the Phillips phones for a better set and they said the sound quality was great. Don't recall the make of the replacement phones :shrug:

I'd like to get these too, but not willing to shell out $200+ for mediocre performance. Too bad they don't just sell the BT dongle and let you select phones of your choosing.

My bluetooth setup drove my racer crazy....I can use it with my other machines no problem. Someone somewhere else posted a pair of Rapoo's that worked well for $40....mine got here today and are charging, I will let you know how they worked....I think they are 2.4 ghz, not the bluetooth, so hoping they work well.

Yeah I didn't think I would like wireless but after using the Deus I'm spoiled

From my understanding, is that it's not going to work with every single set of aftermarket wireless headphones someone may buy. Seems to make sense. (Still have yet to test mine though) :sad: