Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody who is wanting to build their own set of waterproof headphones.................

bigboar

I want to let you know the diagram Minelab has showing the photo of the connector has the pin connections labeled incorrect. I have edited the photo below to show the correct connection points. I have the correct connector(actually a plastic version and a full stainless version)and it is an m12 8-pin male connector. Next week when I get some time I will try to take the time and post some pics showing the connections while I am building a set of the Gray Ghost Underwater Headphones if anyone would be interested... bare with me though as I also run a small family business and twin 8 yr. old boys so I will have to do it when I can find the time....If some of you are already researching it for yourself, I hope this helps you....

I forgot to add when searching for the m12 8-pin connector make sure it is ip67 or ip68 rated.

me too

What model ML is this? I'm interested in seeing your mod though - I'm looking for good headphones that work with my hearing loss...

This is for the ctx. It was in the ctx forum but got moved by a mod I guess. I didn't have ctx mentioned in the title because I placed it in the ctx forum for that specific machine. I guess I should have had ctx in the title and put it here in the mod forum but didn't think too. I thought it belonged in the ctx forum since it showed an error with mine labs documentation of the 3030

Gray Ghost Underwater Headphones, I would cut that little regulator (coil/inducer) out of them..I know with the excalibur it does not allow full audio.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1722124,1722594#msg-1722594

So that mod will most likely void any warranty on those phones???
That makes it a $150 risk on a pair of GG underwaters...

More then likely if you do it yourself you would void the warranty and you do it at your own risk. If you have us do it N.E.D we will add our own warranty for peace of mind . If there is a problem you will have to send it directly back to us and not the manufacturer since chances our they do not warrant anyone else work. Our MODS will have it's own unique serial number identifying we did the work . We warrant our work and will give the consumer piece of mind on any MODS we do or any new PRODUCT we release. Chances our there will be several new aftermarket MODS and Headphones out for the CTX3030 so the consumer will have a choice to choose . Hope this helps people worried about the headphone warranty issue. It's pretty cut and dry. Let us know if you have any questions.

Not for the 3030 but xcalibur

For the CTX 3o3o...Using 2 Audiosears 150 ohm speakers sealed with Aquaseal

.And other for the Garrett At Gold, the AT Gold has a split audio, using a speaker and a Piezo buzzer

GREAT JOB! I'm trying to do one myself but trying to use the yellow KOSS headphones from my Excalibur 2 for my CTX3030. I have run into a problem with how to properly wire them together. There's 4 different wires on the KOSS headphones and I don't know how to connect the Koss "wiring" to new 8pin connector for CTX. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Mahalo

FYI - I have cut up several pair of expensive headphones- LOL .. and made some discoveries. For the Excalibur- the underwater headphones from Garrett (blues) for AT Pro, Sea Hunter MkII, Infinium- work better than anything else I have tried.
Volume is LOUD- response is very good. Not that hard to install.

I repaired the old blues way back when I had a wire break, then later the part of the piezo that the wires are soldered too broke off in a big flake- I repaired that- but then the volume began decreasing. First up was a pair of MX Sport headphones- then custom build headphones using piezo's (THEN I found OBN's excellent work! LOLOL) oh well. Then lastly - I rigged in the Garrett's - wow. Problem solved. No idea yet how they'll hold up.. I'm not currently diving- only snorkling.

Sorry I know this post is a bit old, but I need help finding this spiral cable for my excalibur headphones.
Does anyone know where I can buy the cable in this photo?
My thanks.

I do not know where you can get that coil wire but,
I did see a posting that OBN placed that shows where to get the cable he used when he worked on headphones.
Looks like a old post but if he used it then it should work now, that man is a genius, and has helped me more than i
could ever say.

I am going back and trying to look at every post he has made to educate me, so i dont have to bother him as much
I know he is a busy man and down right good people. I am hoping to learn from all of the hunters on these forums
Hope this helped, didn't see anyone else post so wanted to try to help.

The post i saw was from:
RE: Looking for OBN Post with catalog for coil cable..
Posted By: Vito
Date: August 04, 2019
Time: 12:52 pm

Good luck in your hunts.

Take a look at surplus stores and or thrift shops for a car charger. Store here has them for $1.00-2.00 each.

I see a lot of car charges in thrift stores, good idea!

I tried to swapt out my headphones from my Excalubur II and my Tesoro Stingray. When i cut wires i found Tesoro had two very thin wires, when i hooked them
up could barely hear any tone. is that because of wiring or not compatible with Excal.
I didnt even try the Excal. on Tesoro had to go hunting needed to hear targets.
Any suggestions?