Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone compared the V3i to the Nox 800?

#1Leatherneck

Undoubtedly, the video everyone is waiting for is the V3i compared to the Nox 800!

The only advantage the Nox 800 will have is the fact that the Nox 800 has the capability of scanning the freq./kHz 40, which is complimentary to finding gold?

The Nox 800 is obviously an awesome machine! It will do everything the V3i will?

The finds being reported speak for their self!

With the V3i, and the multiple freq./kHz scanning simultaneous being one of the first does it have anything at all over the Nox 800? Understanding, that a machine can only do what it was designed to do, the Nox 800 perhaps, has taken the metal detecting by storm, and until a detector can do what the Nox 800 does with the 40 freq./kHz it will dominate? ? ?

In what way would you compare the Equinox detectors to a V3i ?
They are very different detectors.

I doubt any gold prospectors are buying the V3i to use to find gold nuggets.
I doubt they are buying the Nox 800 for that purpose either ... if I were in the gold fields looking for nuggets I would have the best detector Minelab makes for that single purpose ... why waste time/money on anything else?

However, the V3i will examine three frequency's and display them in a graph format so you can use your eyes and brain to discriminate targets.
Can the Nox 800 do that?

If I were a salt water beach hunter I would most likley prefer the new Equinos ... Fresh water beach then perhaps the MX Sport ... City park mabey the V3i.
They are all tools and one detector will never do all the things as well as a single purpose detector will.

With V-nulled Whites 9.5, and a 10X12 SEF I have not found the V3i to be a depth monster, in near neutral ground that is wide open.
Once you figure out some custom programs it is more than competitive in most situations--exceptional in high trash, to include iron. (stay away from the stock 10" DD)

There is a video many are waiting for: V3i compared to Nox 800! Countless videos are named . . . compared to ...! And, they are very welcoming, all of them.

The V3i is most likely the most competitive to the Nox 800; however, there is one glaring fact, i.e., a metal detector can only do what it is designed to do!

Facts, just the facts, Joe, the Nox 800 to my knowledge is the only machine that has capabilities of competing with any machine in scanning multiple freq./kHz, simultaneously; moreover, it is the only one to my knowledge that can do all of this, and scan the higher freq./kHz, complimenting the ability to find gold? ? ? Notwithstanding, the price of the Nox 800, and the fact that it is 'Dummy Proof' compared to other detectors' which have such a daunting learning curve; therefore, considering all relevant information, i.e., the reports speak a resounding affirmative in such a very short period the Nox 800 is definitely the leader in the industry? ? ? This is evidenced by the fact that it has demanded such a lengthy waiting list, and even at this belated time, it is still on a waiting list waiting for the availability? ? ? Fortunately, (my opinion) technology has moved so fast, that one can never state with the merit that once held the age old averment you get what you pay for has the same merit it had in days of yester-year! There is actually much more on the horizon! What will the end of the year reveal? ? ?

Competition is great! What will the competition of tomorrow be? Specifically, what will be the average price of a top of the line detector be, with the innovation obviously being determined in most part by the computer technology introduction into the detecting industry? ? ?

There are only a very few that have devoted the time, and are aware of the capability of the V3i, to do a comparison. I will learn the V3i; and even I must admit that it simply does not have the ability to scan the higher freq./kHz!

in rocket science, and another one in sorcery-it is easy to set up wrong, so much manipulation is, needed.
But it does scan each of the 3 frequencies, 2.5kHz, 7.5kHz, and 22.5kHz individually if wanted. I suspect the 22.5 kHz is fine for most gold
except the stuff almost flour sized. If you are looking for that small an extreme, get a PI (and it will penetrate the bad ground where the higher freqs VLF'S eventually give up.)
(The early TR gold detectors like the Whites Goldmaster 63TR was a 100 kHz frequency machine, BFO's were about 2X as high.)
I doubt any general purpose 'do-it-all' units will be optimum for each task like a unit specifically built for just one--but they are getting better.