Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone else able to repeat this with the EX 14"?...

A

Anonymous

I put a steel screw on the ground and passed the coil as usual in relic trigger forward or mid with 0 disc and the signal was on either side of the center support bar but dropped off abruptly under the center bar. If anyone tries it- try using disc of 2 and 3- will be interested to hear results.
I repeated with a clad quarter and the signal beeped while under the center bar and abruptly dropped off as it left the center bar.
Hmm..seems like a good indicator of iron--not sure if it works in the ground....
Secondly, I went back to my new coin garden and put it in relic as above and tried trigger forward and in most cases I got fewer high beeps than I could get with the trigger in mid position (depths are 8,19 and 12 inches). Not sure why- or if it'll hold true for coins buried for years.
-gary

According to Richard and Rick ND posts below, they both think it is a waste of time. Apparently don't think much of test plots either. Keep up the good work Gary. Some of us recognize we don't know all there is to know and are willing to read things that others are trying.

It give a idea of how the target will sound, good to see where they disc out, but accual in the feild is the best on depth and the hunting conditons.
On my Sovereign and Explorer air test show not much depth, but in accual hunting conditons they both have almost twice the depth for us. Now on some of the others detectors and coils may air test at 8-10 inches, but in the ground 6 may be the deepest it will go. One detector I tried air tested a dime at 12 inches, but put the dime in the ground and cover it with dirt and at 6 inches it will not get a signal on it. In accual hunting I have dug dimes at 10 inches with the same detector.
So what I feel we are trying to say is air test and test gardens are good, but the real test will be in the feild in accual hunting conditons in uncontroled enviroment which can change from place to place. A big coil like the 14 inch Excellerator may air test good, may work good in test gardens, but in accual feild use it may not do as good as the stock coil will is why we say in accual hunting conditons is where it counts.
I think we all need to get out and do some detecting and see how these air test we are doing accualy work in real life, if only the snow would leave and the ground thaw.
Rick

Rick,
I have and still am using the 14 inch coil in areas that I have hit with the stock coil, I find deeper coins, get better separation, a smoother machine and find more coins in genaral. I used the stock coil for 8-9 months on my mxt, I learned it well and it is a good coil, but it won't hold a light to the 14 inch excelerator. And true enuff air test may not amount to didly but when using the same machine and comparing different coils I think one may get a general idea of what to expect. And to my under standing it is harder for whites detectors to hit a freshly buried coin than it is for them to hit one that has sank on it's own. And I think we all know that these test are not the same as in ground detecting but we are trying to get an idea of what to expect out of these different coils.
Ray