Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone Else Notice A Reduction Of Finds During The Past Year?

John-Edmonton

Staff member
I found less coins in my usually hunted parks. No large groups were allowed in many of them, so there were no company or church picnics. The beaches had less people also. I believe covid had a negative affect for metal detecting over all. What are your thoughts.........

commentmike.gif

Mine stayed average, but I’m only one of two detectors in two counties

The three local island towns all cut the amount of parking drastically which cut the number of visitors to the island beaches. So the number of potential donors was drastically reduced. I did not fine any gold in 2020. Clad was down in parks and on the beaches. Hope this year is better.

University here did not have the normal intramural sports on the big field so it was lackluster at best. Local parks probably more active under cover of darkness but still less people overall.

I hunted about the same amount of time and my silver coins and jewelry and gold finds were all off from the norm. I can attribute the lesser silver coins, though, to no new sites. Less gold and silver jewelry are the results of less fresh drops in parks and school yard areas....imho. HH Jim tn

Way less fresh drops, caused by the Covid. Parks and fields, games canciled. But I had far less competition . I did some bearing down on my dirt hunting and for the first time in years scored 3 Gold rings,with the At Pro And quiet a few Silver items. Than another 14k mans band with the Infinium just before New Years wading on the Gulf. 2021 beaches began with piled up sand so things arn't looking too good for now.

In this particular area, finds just about stopped completely, it was getting real bad before the pandemic, now real bad, parks, and my other spots, schools, BAD

Everyone is using debit or credit cards....no more change in their pockets to lose...Plastic will end most park hunts and relics or jewelry will be the norm we hunt for.