Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone ever bought a factory refurbished detector?

I picked up a factory refurbished GTI 1500 for $450 a few weeks back (actually $474 but with my rebate for using my card netted $450). I called Garrett today to double check and make sure I had the updated mineral chip. Tha gal I spoke with took my serial # and informed me that it did and that it was a 2010 mfg. model. I asked her how they end up "refurbished" and she told me that mostly people didn't know how to use them properly and returned them or traded them back in for a different detector. The detectors get tested out and whatever it needs, if anything, gets added. I have a two year warranty as well.

Well I think that this is an outstanding way to pick up a top notch detector when funds are an issue. With the money I saved going this route I can pick up a pinpointer or an extra coil and have a great setup for this years detecting plus have piece of mind knowing if anything goes wrong, I'm covered.

I just wondered if anyone else has bought this way or maybe wasn't aware some dealers have them and would benefit as well if their funds were limited too.

I can't wait till the weather breaks and try this rig out!

Sounds like a good deal to me. Maybe I should wait until they have some refurb'd AT Pro's...

Where do they sell referb at those prices ??

Happy Hunting
Bruce

Garrett Ace 250
Stock coil
Sniper coil
Excelerator 10 x 14 DD

Minelab Xterra 305
Stock coil

Man, that does sound like a great deal. Good for you. I think Kellyco sells refubished detectors. Grab a Pro-Pointer with the extra cash you have. You cant go wrong, makes finding the target so much easier and faster. Good luck with your new GTI.

You can buy many products that are refirbished and they usually carry the full guarantee so what's to lose, Most of the stuff is brand new but because it has been sold once they can't re-sell it as brand new. You got a good deal.

Bill

Hi I bought a used gti 1500 a few years ago and sent it into garrett and had the refurbish done.put in new chip,put on the new imaging coil,and I've never looked back it was a great deal too,I only paid $450 also.. You can't beat the imaging feature.....you'll love this machine after some practice!!!!