Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone ever seen the Desert Gold detector

Smigo

Hi, here In Aus there is a new VLF detector released called the Desert Gold detector with a picture of a camel :lol: on the control box face. The add says its the best depth or possibly the best of any VLF on the market. Hmm... Anyone seen one or know anything about them? Looks cheap to me, especially with the camel on it :laugh: Who knows though maybe the Camel has a few tricks up its sleeve, or hump.

wow airtests are impressive the first ring was 40 cm about 15 1/2 " :surprised:last coin quarter sized @ over 27"

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4NMb37dEs[/video]

Hi Delivery. What be the best range of your best VLF on a coin that size and same metal type? Be interesting to know if you wouldn't mind. Maybe it is a good machine, even if it does have a camel on it! :laugh:
Thanks for posting the vid on it. An Italian job I see, interesting.

[size=medium][size=large][size=medium]There are far smarter folks than me on this forum, but what I understand from reading posts by folks who design detectors is that it's easy to add more power to the machine, which could result in getting long distance air tests. But the problem with those levels of power is that the ground (response) makes them go nuts (= lots of noise). The analogy I've seen is: like running your car headlights in 'bright' in a fog - most of it gets reflected back to you. I did see one video where it (Desert Gold) seemed to be running in silent threshold mode and the guy found something on the beach - but it seemed to be only about 6-8" or so deep. That's why air tests can be misleading. There's not much value in extra power if the machine doesn't also have the technology to handle the response. I believe that's why the Minelab PI machines seem to be a little deeper than others, but you also have to pay for that technology = very expensive. [/size][/size][/size]

air tests 100% worthless as how many finds are in the air?? Any/all units are gaged by their ability to balance out ground mineralization and not blue sky and bs---test in the earth where finds are-John

Yeah, you guys are right, air tests don't tell you much. But id still be interested to know.

We bought one and tested it.
We tried to return it to the Italian manufacturer because we determined that his performance claims were bogus.
We eventually got rid of it. Whew...

It's nothing more than a Detech EDS with some customization. Way overpriced and the aftermarket customer service is questionable.

Buyer beware!

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
We tried to return it to the Italian manufacturer because we determined that his performance claims were bogus.
We eventually got rid of it. Whew...
It's nothing more than a Detech EDS with some customization. Way overpriced and the aftermarket customer service is questionable.
Buyer beware!

I have exact same view on DeepTech Vista Gold !!!................By First Hand experience.

Difference is I do not sell or even give away something that do not function properly...............so I now got a good coil to give away.............pick it up it's Free!

VistaGold-coil_600.jpg

Ivanll - you have been quite clear on your experiences with the DeepTech...which is really no real world detecting experience at all.
You claim that the machine failed you, yet after contacting the WRONG manufacturer and not getting an answer (now why would the WRONG manufacturer contact you?) you claim to have smashed the machine in frustration...
Had you contacted DeepTech from the start, any problem you experienced...if there even was a problem (could have been user error...) would have been taken care of very quickly.

So to make negative forum comments about a product that you never really had the chance to learn and use - is, at best foolish...and at worse spiteful.

ivanll said:
Barry Extreme Detecting said:

I have exact same view on DeepTech Vista Gold !!!................By First Hand experience.

VistaGold-coil_600.jpg