Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone every helped law enforcement find shell casing?

Hank68

And how did it turn out.

I was detecting a beach on vacation recently and a deputy riding by on a four wheeler (there were actually several of them going all over the beach) stopped and asked me to call them if I found a hand gun (even told me the caliber.) That was a first. I politely informed him they would be the first people I called if I found a handgun...

Formerly being in law enforcement I have used mine for several crime scenes. I have found shell casings, shot bullets, VIN plates and the largest thing I ever found was a stolen Toyota pickup that had been stolen stripped and buried about three feet deep.

I'm in law enforcement and haven't had to use it where I work yet but have been asked in area towns to look for stuff and my hunting buddy who is also in law enforcement found a possible item from an old case. It's being processed and it takes a long time at labs due to ongoing cases. It will be great if its what they wanted and we helped find it.

Go and see your local police chief and bring along your detector. Tell him what you can do and offer to help should they need it. While some departments have detectors they are limited in skills, training and experience. You might even offer a training class..

So far, I've not had a call... But the offers been extended..

I have worked with Provinical (Canada) and local law enforcement on several suspected homicide cases. Found 22 shell casings under a body once. It turned out that they were totally unrelated to the case but it gave the cops fits at the time.