Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone familliar with a "NEL" coil?

hotrod53

I personally never heard of these coils, info was recently passed on to me by a friend. These people make a 5" DD coil similar to the 6" "Digger" coil and it's waterproof, the manufacturer claims as follows:

The Nel coils are waterproof. All NEL coils are DD coils. They are tuned to exact spec. for optimum performance. These coils are extremely well shielded and usually can be run at a higher sensitivity with more stability than other coils in the market place today. Higher sensitivity means more depth. As for price these coils are well built with high quality material. I believe that these coils are far more superior than any other coil on the market and at a lesser price. Give one a try and see for yourself what everyone is talking about.

The "Sharp" coil is about $25 cheaper than a Digger coil (edited to remove nonpaying advertisement link)
This is what they advertise:

5 inch (13 cm)
Improved stability and sensitivity to highly mineralized soil
Lightweight yet sturdy construction.
Total weight: (LOL, forgot this)
Improved discrimination and better target seperation (LOL, spelled wrong)
Search coil is completely waterproof
Includes free coil cover
Warranty: 2 years

Does anyone have experience with these or care to comment? The mfg claims they are better, but of course that's his opinion.

They have been discussed many many many many times here. They are a clandestine coil, NOT authorized by Minelab, nor even legal to retail here in the states because they are a patent infringement.
They are produced by means of pirated technology, reverse engineered by thieves.

I'm not going to re-hash them again. If you want to know more just search this forum for "illegal", "pirated", or "unauthorized" and read for an hour.