Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone find a corroded tungsten carbide ring yet? I found one in freshwater

abeach01

I found a tungsten carbide ring in a freshwater lake just past the bouy line when a lake was 2 foot low that had been there some time. Most all Tungsten rings I find (over 40 by now) are all as slick as an eel and sooooo smooth and heavy they feel like platinum (for about a second untill you see the shine). This one actually has tarnish on half of it just where it stuck out of the sand and is not slick but kinda rough. I know they tout these as being tarnish proof, scratchproof etc. but evidently they lied.... Anyone know what to polish this with. I have tried jewelers rouge even without luck.
I even found one last year with a strip of platinum in the middle of it and it was made by TREWTUNGSTEN which to my surprise was a designer name brand like Tiffany and carried a ticket price of over $2200 WOW Jim

Do you have a picture of a tungsten ring? how are they marked? Maybe I found some and don't even know it!

Two dissimilar metals will excellerate the oxidization process. If you ever find a saw blade with tungsten carbide teeth that has been left out in the weather you will see rust on both metals but especially at the point of contact.

Cheers,

The ones I have found are very dark grey in color, and the "Tungsten Carbide" is marked inside in very small letters, just stamped on the surface of the metal. They are heavy, and the ones I have found are not corroded..